14 days sober ~ it's a big deal for me

This is my first post on here. First time I felt I had something post-worthy since I’m such a newbie to recovery. I wanted to drink SO bad last night but I didn’t because I wanted this mile marker more. I wanted to continue this sober journey more. Thanks to all of you on here, I’m learning a lot about myself and why I drink. I live in a very rural area and the only AA meeting I could find was a Sat. evening at the Catholic church :grimacing: I step into a Catholic church I’m pretty sure I’m gonna be struck dead by lightening or something. So for now I’m reading a lot and hanging around on here.

9 Likes

Amazing!! Huge congrats on 2 weeks and also welcome!

The first week or two was honestly the hardest part for me. Obviously everyone isn’t the same but two weeks is no small feat. Be proud and keep up the hard work :muscle:

3 Likes

Hi! So happy you posted and congrats on 2 weeks!!!

2 Likes

Well done for 14 days!!
And its great you wanted that mile stone more than a drink.

I often find some evenings my cravings are bad along with the mental conversation i have with my self debating the reasons i should and shouldnt just have 1,
If i think about the next morning when i wake up how i want to feel

1. Hungover,guilty and ashamed and the rest…

2. Happy and proud of myself and still on the ladder to getting my life back in order.

I choose 2, so far that has helped me so much stay sober for 19 days.

Congratulations every day sober is a big deal x

1 Like

Hell yes it’s a big deal! Was and will be for all of us. As for the spontaneous combustion upon entering, shit, we all would be dead. Meetings help people, regardless the location. A great sober day to ya.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! (Re: the meeting…there’s an app you can downloadcalled meeting guide… There are Zoom meetings too.) :+1::blush:

3 Likes

I’ll have to check that out. Thanks

2 Likes

There is also a 24 hour zoom meeting
The code is

292 371 2604

There is no password.

1 Like

That’s AMAZING!! Thank you SO much!

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on your 14 days. What an accomplishment! The beginning of the journey is often the hardest as you build your sobriety muscles. I hope this community will be a helpful place for you to continue your journey, and I hope you will feel comfortable joining in any conversation and allow us to give you any encouragement you might need. You’ve got this. I know you can do it.

1 Like

You’re awesome :clap: congratulations!

1 Like

Way to go!!

2 Likes