16 days down 👊🏼

I have been Drinking since I was 15. I’m 36 now. I’m 16 days sober today. My friends all drink…A lot! Thankfully they are supportive. I make sure to bring my yeti full of water whenever we hang out. At home I find that sparkling water makes a great deterrent. Throw a can in a koozie and I’m good to go. The only problem I’m having is eating. I eat like crap since not drinking. Lots of junk food that I crave. Anyone go through that phase? Other than that, I’m feeling great. Spending more time with family and able to remember what I did the night before.

5 Likes

I did, too. Lots of carbs and salty stuff in the beginning. Not uncommon, but I would rather eat a 5 gallon bucket of gummy worms than take a drink. Great job on 16. Keep it up and it gets easier and better little by little.

1 Like

Hi
Great job on 16 days!!
Eating will definitely go up when you stop drinking.
Your body is looking for the empty calories provided by alcohol.

Go with it while you are quitting…it will taper over time.
Remember that food is much less destructive than booze.

1 Like

I think alot of people go through this. I craved chocolate alot and now I don’t. I also craved Pepsi and still do.

1 Like

Def chocolate for me!!

Hi and well done! What an accomplishment after drinking for 21 years. I was also drinking every day for over 20 years. I never used to eat chocolate or cakes. I always went for savouries like crisps, crackers etc … starter and main rather than main and sweet when we went out for a meal. However now I crave cakes, chocolate, biscuits, sweets, hot sweet drinks etc. All the people i have met in recovery at groups have all said the same -craving sweet things. I’ve been told to let my body/mind have what it wants whilst its adjusting to not having alcohol after such a long period of time. In time, the weight will come off as the cravings reduce. At the end of the day, any kind of food, be it sweet or savoury is better than alcohol which is full of empty calories, more expensive and deteriorates your liver and brain cells. Keep going, and WELL DONE x

1 Like