18 months alcohol free...living and thriving with cirrhosis!

Good evening…just thought I would say hello…new to this app. I was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver due to alcohol in October of 2021. I decided on September 27th 2021 that i was done drinking due to not feeling well for several months…then low and behold went to the ER for the first time and was diagnosed. This might sound crazy and can’t believe I am even saying this but I think that was a blessing in disguise or i might not be here now. They say everything happens for a reason and i believe. Anyway, hello everyone!

19 Likes

Welcome! I’m glad you are feeling better. Do you have signs of spring up there yet?
I’m glad you found us! :wave::blush:

2 Likes

How did you cope/maintain sobriety in the first few months ?

I’m glad you are here with us

1 Like

Thank you! Spring is trying to find it’s way…thankfully! I’m ready.

3 Likes

I believe everything happens for a reason too…or possibly some kind of higher power at work…i find it super interesting that sometimes the very worst times in our lives turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to us…it gives me such hope for the future and strength in the dark times. Well done on your 18 months and continuing recovery, my love to you :heart:

2 Likes

I just told myself I have too much to live for and I wasn’t going to let the bottle take anything else away from me. I drank for well over 25 years and just stopped cold turkey. I still enjoy going to the bar and hanging out with my friends I met there but I just drink water. I still have a great time and everyone knows my story and they do not even try pressuring me or anything. The funny thing is my well what I thought were my real friends hardly ever hang out anymore. If you want to know who your true friends are, get sober…at least that’s how I feel but wouldn’t trade my sober life for anything.

6 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on your sobriety!! It sounds like your body was screaming to you and you listened!! Glad you are here. :purple_heart::people_hugging:

1 Like

Im in FL but from MA and I remember waiting for signs of winter leaving.

2 Likes

So glad you joined this community! You are an inspiration!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I know there is hope as I start my journey. Welcome to the family here.

1 Like