19 days sober

Day 19 without alcohol…
I never thought I had a problem … I just figured it was a cultural thing, and that it was ok to drink. Because my entire family always drank (drinks) a lot. But then one day I woke up and realized I was destroying everything I worked so hard for. My marriage, my family,… I have beautiful and wonderful children that seemed often like a disturbance to my drinking. I would count the minutes for them to go to bed so I could open my 1.5L bottle of wine which I would drink 70% empty in one evening. Every morning I would wake up sluggish and miserable, but I would do it again the next day…
I can’t live this life anymore. Now at day 19, I feel more energized, I have been running with my 8year old after I get back from work, I actually play games with the kids, I feel renewed.
I hope I can also restore my marriage. I messed up bad but I hope my hubby will eventually see that I am taking this serious. Alcohol won’t control my life any longer. It’s hard to think about not drinking ever again, but it’s harder to think that this horrible addiction could ruin everything I love.

13 Likes

Nice work, these 19 days!! It’s lovely to hear about the changes you are already experiencing!
:muscle:

1 Like

Keep it up! I’ve almost got 22 under my belt. Each day is better than the previous!

2 Likes

That’s great work. Keep it going!:grinning:

1 Like

Well done! I was in the same boat like you and had enough of it. We can do this! :facepunch:
Congratulations with your 20 days sober (I guess you are there now :hugs:)
Keep it going!!

1 Like

Well done on your 19 days and your realization of all you are missing out on by drinking. Keep up the good work!!

1 Like

@SoberWalker… yes!! 20 days today! I feel really good. My parents (who are BIG drinkers) are visiting me for the next three weeks, so I do have a lot of alcohol in the house right now. BUT, I am not giving in and had the talk with them regarding my problem. They kinda laughed it off, but I feel confident that even though I will be exposed to it, I can say NO… and I WILL say no !! I can do this - I haven’t felt this much positive energy in ages.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for commenting! It really feels good to see I am not alone in this and I can do this. Just trying to keep looking forward to a brighter (less fog headed) future.

1 Like

Thanks! I was struggling hard with having my parents around, and then one of my old friends posted on Facebook “12 years sober today”… I contacted her again and we’ve been talking a bit. She said she will be checking in on me as well. We are going to see each other next week at a wedding (after I haven’t seen her for 5 years), so that’s a blessing - at least now that she knows, I feel more accountable to not fall off the wagon at the wedding. Crazy journey.

3 Likes

Wow, that is great synchronicity!

1 Like