1st day. Sober

Please help me anyone, anything. The force of nature has been dragged out of me and stomped to pieces. I’m so depressed, my anxiety is shit. Why? Why do I feel helpless sober and when I’m drunk I feel invisible. Bipolar depression and alcohol do not mix.

1 Like

Alcohol is extremely powerful, and i struggle, with my mind, I been drinking basically my whole life, I have tried quitting many times, but every time I relapse It just seems to get worse, I read recovery books, I been to alcoholics anonymous, and i still drink, alcohol was fun for me for many years, I love the feeling of escaping my thoughts. But today i give my alcoholism to a higher power, because I don’t wanto drink anymore.

3 Likes

I know the feeling of anxiety very well but if you throw yourself :100: in the fellowship it will go away for the most part eventually you will feel comfortable and have a beautiful life I just celebrated a year a few weeks ago I never thought that was possible I got faith in you you can do this

3 Likes

I’m right there with you. Today is day 2 for me, and it’s been so hard. But with the support from even just this forum, I know it will help. Someone in my first AA meeting told me: “it’s not going to be even close to easy, but this journey to recovery will be worth it a thousand times over and might just save your life”

1 Like

I know how you feel. I’m on day 1 and I’m struggling… I hate alcohol so damn much but I feel like I need it. I can’t do anything without it anymore. I hope it gets better for you and me both. Good luck. Do not give up.

5 Likes