2 months alcohol free

I’ve gone 2 months without even a taste of alcohol. Its the longest stretch without alcohol since i started drinking over a decade ago. It’s been a struggle, some days are easier than others. Just taking it one day at a time. My mood has improved substantially as well as my energy level. One of the most difficult things has been the toll not drinking has taken on my social life. I was so used to centering everything i did around drinking, im now having to figure out what it is that i actually enjoy doing. I have started hiking more and spending time outdoors. Im actually present and sober with my 2 boys. Its sad to think of all the wasted time i spent chasing alcohol instead of experiencing both my boys growing up. I look forward to a sober summer.

19 Likes

That’s great news. Congratulations! Im just coming up to a month and today is a real struggle. Your post has helped remind me why Im doing this.

1 Like

Well done! Keep coming back :bird:

1 Like

Congrats! Keep adding those days.

1 Like

That’s some great work there! Keep going and adding those days

1 Like

Congratulations. Two months is great. It’s a tricky time because it feels both like a very long time AND a very short time. But st 2 months you’ve started to recognize your triggers and temptations and started to fill your toolbox with items to get you through those triggers and temptations. Keep working at this. You can do it!!

1 Like

Thats awesome! Keep it going!

1 Like

Congratulations. Every day gets better x

1 Like

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I appreciate it very much. I hope everyone has a beautiful day.

This is great. Well done. Your 2 boys must be loving all the time you now spend with them.