2 MONTHS ALCOHOLFREE..dealing with codependency

I am 2 MONTHS SOBER…I have been in a 16 year relationship on and off. We are both recovering alcoholics. I’m afraid I’m gonna relapse due to relationship difficulties, and I can’t say for sure that my partner isn’t using #trust issues…ANY ADVICE…

3 Likes

Maybe some space to work on you. A similar situation reeked havoc on my relationship. We ended and it worked our for the best. Be true to yourself.

1 Like

An honest discussion with your partner is a must. Share your feelings about trust, and talking about what will be the plan if one of you do go back out. My sweetie and I are both in recovery too. She has 1 day longer than I. I went to rehab, she didn’t. I came home and shared all I could remember from rehab with her so she could hear how to heal along side with me. We are so much stronger now as in the beginning it was drunk love. Now it’s about being in love and wanting to help each other grow. Getting better at getting better every day. Best wishes and stick around.

1 Like

Relationship difficulties will only get worse if u drink . Drinking solves nothing my friend. Try focus on the good parts of your relationship and build on that … don’t worry about what your partner is doing focus on you and your sobriety cos you deserve to be free of drink and the drama that follows. Good luck