2 weeks clean today

Today im two weeks clean from a mixture of drygs, preferably herion and pain meds. I go to an outpatient clinic every day so they can help me wirh my sober life, but my fiancee since i been clean he wants to downgrade me…because he used to use as well, for this relationship to work I suggested he get the help as wrll but it seems its always some sort of excuse. Im literally at my last string with the relationship. But for me now being sober, it’s the best I’ve felt in many years and I can finally think clearly.

6 Likes

U can do it after 3 weeks I was ready to be put to the test ! Baby pur higher power is who I talk to when u get scared and don’t know what way to go

It’s difficult to convince others to get sober when they’re not ready to do it for themselves. You might have to consider the possibility that you may have to get sober without his support.

Stay strong. I’m on my way back too.

1 Like

I can totally relate, my SO was not ready when I was. We both stopped all the drugs but he refused to quit drinking. I went to outpatient treatment while he continued to drink daily. It’s been challenging living under the same roof the past year but I did not allow his actions to deter me. Just make sure you keep you sobriety front and center. Hopefully, he’ll see how well you’re doing and decide to jump on the sobriety train with you.

2 Likes

My problem is alcohol and I know if my partner was the same as me I think I would be on the streets or dead. Is the saying opposite attracts well I think you need to think hard about your path. But it’s hard when you love someone especially when you think somewhere in there you can help change them. I think you maybe need to think about you this time xxxxx

1 Like