2 years today and counting

Hi everyone, I do not post or comment much on the site, but I read, listen and learn on a daily basis. To all that are on day 1 and for those that may have suffered a relapse, I hear you, I feel you and know that your posts have guided and directed me for the past two years. What can I say, but a massive thank you to this community. This journey is a day one for me each morning, so I focus on that. Having gone through a mental breakdown durning trauma counseling, and dealing with the reasons I drank so much, I have come out the other side, battered, bruised, alive and very much sober. The universe has gifted me with my home at the beach, a job that I love, and a will to live each day in gratitude. With a sense of balance, I hope I can give back to this community, and get more involved with posting words of encouragement to those who may need it. God bless and lets all get another day under our belts.

46 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!

Such a fantastic achievement :ok_hand::+1:
source (15)

6 Likes

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
I love this!
Congratulations with that: a well earned sober life :facepunch:

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Thank you @AyBee another day of sunshine, happy thoughts and good old coffee :slight_smile:

Thank you @SoberWalker, I see you and have followed your words of wisdom for past two years. Support is everything

1 Like

@Thirdmonkey I see you too LOL, and have followed, listened and took your words of advice for the last few years. We all have our parts to play, so thank you for all that you put out to the community.

1 Like

Congratulations on 2 years! :tada: :tada:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words

Such an important piece, each day presents its own challenge, each day is the day that matters most. Keep living in your present :gift:

2 Likes

2 years flew by, as I honestly did not (and do not) keep track of days, dates or time. I just know when I wake up in the morning, I am focused, I am alert and I am present. That in itself is the motivation to keep me going. No point thinking about yesterday or worrying about tomorrow, just embrace what you have here and now. Wishing you the best as we are all in this together.

2 Likes

Two years Derggirl! That’s awesome. That’s huge! Thanks for sharing your milestone. Enormous congrats lady.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years of sobriety! ODAAT

1 Like

Congrats on some amazing work!
Keep Rising!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::ocean::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Two years of getting better at getting better? Way to get after it!

1 Like

That is awesome!! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Thank you @Yoda-Stevie. Life is pretty good when you are free from the shackles of alcohol

Thank you @SassyRocks. Thankful and greatful for another day of serenity

1 Like

Yes. It’s good, and sometimes it’s very good. Better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow better still.

Congratulations :tada: @ALC227 that’s a fantastic achievement :ok_hand::partying_face:

2 Likes