2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

Happy New Year, lovely Olivia! :orange_heart:

Prime Minister’s Office, sigh… I won the 2020 geek award, didn’t I?

2 Likes

I just decided to quit drinking a few hours ago. I don’t know what I’m doing just yet, or what to expect, but I’m not going to give up. Alcoholism has ravaged my family for generations. I don’t want to carry this torch anymore.

22 Likes

Hi my I’m Joe. I am 5 days sober. I just joined yesterday. I live in North Carolina. Look forward to meeting everyone.

19 Likes

Hi @ShannonSaysHello and Joe! Glad to have you both aboard and pleased to meet you! This place has been a huge help to me in staying clean and sober and I hope and think it can be for you too. Alone we can’t do it. Together we’re strong. Take your time to discover this place. Success on your journeys friends.

1 Like

My name is Amy my drug of choice is alcohol :wine_glass: I grew up with a alcoholic father and when he passed away when I was 19 I lost part of who I am! I began drinking when I was 16 to fit in with the awkwardness I felt inside! My father had known someway I was going to keep turning to it~~ in 2010 my x had began years prior using mind manipulation and gaslighting to play games it got worse when he took his anger out on me in 2006! In 2011 I got a dui which he won my children back and I lost so much~ I stay sober for periods of time and since I’m so emotionally unstable I grab it at real shitty times! On New Years I decided that was it~ no more sauce ~ no more excuses! I really need a strong sponsor who is willing to work the steps with me!! Help me help myself stay sober I so am done chasing wrong things in life it’s time to do work without excuses anymore :yellow_heart::heart:

21 Likes

5 days and going strong!!!

15 Likes

This is great! In other words… I only have to say no once a day. The important once!!! Im 38 days today.

9 Likes

Hi! Keep reading rite???

1 Like

Yes. The search function in the top right corner will help you find any key words that may interest you. :hugs: welcome to the forum.
The daily check in thread is a favorite among most people.
@Jcm40 @ako69677 @newday2

1 Like

Welcome Amy! Glad you have joined us. And you too Heather @Rubybean !

1 Like

Hello,

Name is Dillan, DOC is alcohol. Been struggling with it for about 8 years. Downloaded the app for the counter like a year ago but here I am. 1 hour sober. First time looking into this kind of stuff. Never knew there were so many people who felt a lot like I did.

19 Likes

Welcome Dillon. You are certainly not alone. I never tried getting support before. Last year I found this app. And I’ve never participated in a forum like this before. I Did a few check ins here and there. Did my gratitude list. And eventually joined in the conversations when I felt comfortable.
I hope to see you around.
These are my 2 favorite topics.

:pray::heart:

3 Likes

Great idea! I was always a pessimistic person but I’ve been logging my daily gratitude for a while now (hit 400 days of gratitude on Jan 1st!)…one of the best tools I’ve added to help me with recovery/sobriety.

Congrats on your days!!

5 Likes

Welcome Amy
This is a fantastic app with some interesting forums and even more interesting people
Good luck
One day at a time

Hey,

I’m Sasha, and I’m from Canada, BC. My DOC was cocaine for years, but I’m roughly around 3 years clean of that habit and moved along to alcohol. I also quit smoking a year and a half ago, but swiftly side stepped to vaping, which isn’t any better.

I joined this app last year and made it 3 whole months sober before covid hit and relapsed hard for 10 months. Found myself drinking bottles of wine, graduated to Gin and hard liquor and those bottles never lasted me long. I’m now 5 days sober from booze… still working on the vaping :grimacing:

18 Likes

Hi guys. I’ve posted a few times but thought I’d introduce myself. I’m from Australia, near Brisbane. I’ve been a binge drinker since I was 17, so that’s 23 years now. On and off alcohol in that time, but always came back to it as my crutch in social situations or because all my friends were drinking.
The last 3 years have been worse than ever. Drinking at least 4 nights a week, 8 litres of wine a week at least. A year ago I had a blood test and had the start of fatty liver. On the 13th December 2020, I just stopped. Made the decision. Haven’t looked back. Cravings nightly and depression but I’ve finally realised that I was killing myself slowly. My tolerance was getting higher and higher. It was very scary.
My family support my decision and said that, yes, I was drinking too much. I come from an alcohol dependant family, so it hasn’t been easy.
I see my older brother going through the same thing, but he has had a lot more anxiety when he stops for even just a day. Luckily, I’ve avoided anxiety and intense withdrawals.
I’ve been sober 25 days. Here’s to a month!
Thank you all for your support, coming on and reading has been life saving.

24 Likes

Hey! My name is Sarah. 32… I live in Vegas. I joined in June 2019… back when I used to reset my timer 10x a day and then just give up for weeks at a time!! Gah, I cant believe how far I have come. Then in Sept 2019 I had enough and quit my job and moved in with my inlaws and have just been taking care of my 2 year old and focusing on my sobriety for over a year now.
I now have 9 months off the ketamine, 5 months off the booze, 7 months benzo free, 12 months adderall free, and 17 months without nicotine. Alcohol has been the hardest to quit probably because its everywhere. I have to tell you guys… I feel amazing!!

I hang out mostly in the check in thread. Ive been checking in here for a long time. Its been the most helpful tool in my recovery. There are so many amazing people here and being held accountable helps me tremendously. Dont know where I would be without this app! Thanks everyone!!

26 Likes

Such determination!! So glad you kept fighting…your tenacity inspires others for sure!! :heart:

3 Likes

Hey All. Day 2 for me. I have been at this same point many times over the past few years. Woke up on the 5th repeating the same commentary I always have in the morning. This time needs to be real.
I am impressed by the amazing depth that you each share with each other and once I get over my initial shyness hope to also dive in. You all are amazing.

20 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like