2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

Hi Moonshadow - I’m glad you’re back on day 2. It can be. It can be challenging first to recognize your triggers and then move past those triggers without turning to alcohol. Do you keep any in the house? My trigger was always after I picked my son up from school the first thing I would do is grab a drink, whatever it was, wine, beer, gin, whiteclaw 🤦. So yesterday was my son’s first day back at school and our normal routine of picking him up and I knew I wanted a drink. So instead I brought us home and instead of going inside to the kitchen (my husband still drinks so there’s alcohol at home) we stayed outside and played in the backyard until the feeling passed. Is there an opportunity to switch up your routine when you feel triggered? Any change may help reset your mind. :hugs: sending you positive vibes!!

Hi, I’m Hanna and live in Finland. My DOC is alcohol (sober for 822 days) and cigs. Warmly welcome all newbies. Let’s keep adding those days :fist_right::fist_left:

20 Likes

Hi there I’m Ruth and I live in the UK. Day 1 for me today :+1:t3:
I first downloaded this app in 2017 I think and have since had a number of spells of sobriety, the longest being just over a year.
I’ve had a few ‘day 1s’ recently but I need to make today my last because drinking is makes me (and those around me) unhappy!
I’m off work today so I’m going to try and immerse myself on here. Any tips for threads to get me going? This app helped me a lot when I was sober for over a year in 2018/19.
I’m looking forward to getting to know you all and to sharing our journeys :smiley:

15 Likes

Hey Ruth! Welcome back :slight_smile:

This collection of threads might be useful to you even though it isn’t your first time here - Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :)

1 Like

Hi Rabbit. So sorry to hear this. I went through a divorce and never in my life have I cried so much. Are there any chances of mending things? Sometimes things have a way of working out. If not, I recommend getting focused on yourself and find ways to pass time. In my experience, time did heal this wound. I got a college degree out of anger and I know my ex wife got so jealous of that lol. I’ve since remarried the coolest and sweetest person ever…blessing in disguise. Let me know if you need support. This is a super shitty life experience and I am super sorry you are going through this.

2 Likes

Hello all, I’m Doug, 32, small town Ohio. Dual diagnosis of borderline personality disorder and addiction (DOC: IV Meth).

I started using about three years ago, and initially loved the feeling. I started distancing myself from others, allowed my relationships and career spiral down the drain.

I was forced into rehab in July, 2020, by my parents. After three weeks I signed myself out and promptly relapsed. I’ve pretty much relapsed every 5-8 days after that.

I last used 12-12-20, coming up on 1 month clean and sober. No drugs, no pot, no alcohol.

I’m feeling much stronger than I ever have, but I do still think about it. My biggest struggle is when my ex boyfriend contacts me (as friends). It seems to bring back horrible memories of when we would use together. The things we did… I hate it. This, I’ve found, is when I’m most vulnerable.

I have been debating on cutting ties with him completely to help myself in sobriety, but I also dont want to cause anymore unneeded hurt. I’m working through it.

My biggest “yay” moment was over this past weekend. An old friend of mine stopped by to see if i wanted to use with him. He brought drugs and all. I explained that i was sober now and not interested and asked him to leave. Part of me is so proud but part of my keeps thinking back to it. Debating on if one last time would be okay, which i know isnt, but you all know how addict brain works.

Thanks for this app, i needed a new outlet to help keep me strong.

21 Likes

So amazing @CNevarezN! Something to be so proud of!!

@BPDDougieOhio…sometimes we have to step away to heal, so we can come back and be a better friend. Big respect for that, it is not easy but true friends understand and will wait.

hi all! I’m Ash (you can also call me by my username haha) 28 yrs of age, pronouns are they/them.
i just reached 6 months of sobriety from alcohol and coke. i also quit smoking cigarettes at the same time, but had 1 on halloween… did not enjoy it though so i won’t be trying it again.
i downloaded the app back when i quit in July to use the counter, found the forum and it’s been a great support. i hope to join the zoom meeting one of these days!

17 Likes

hi, everyone! :wave: i’m claire, a gal from los angeles. i’m 8 months, 26 days sober today. :heart: i’m free from alcohol, drugs and cigarettes. :rainbow: nice to meet you all and happy 2021!

20 Likes

Hi. I’m new at this forum but have been reading and amazing how the stories and comments are words I can relate to. Been an every day drinker 30 plus years. Body going downhill and a few good scares want to quit for good wish everyone the best

18 Likes

Hi Everyone. Sarah here. Seven days w/o alchohol or cocaine. Think its been 10 years of every second or third night. Feeling great the moment but terrified ill break any day.

14 Likes

Five. Last year’s life changes still strong, clean and sober from:

Weed since 19 June,
Alcohol since 21 August,
Contraceptive Pill (fake hormones) since 5 September,
Caffeine since 24 September,
Tobacco & Nicotine since 26 September.

Keep going.

16 Likes

Congrats on 7 days!! If you think you will break…live on here, the more active people on here tend to have a better chance at long lasting sobriety

3 Likes

Hello everyone :grinning:

My name is Scarlett. This is my second attempt at sobriety (and hopefully my last!). Only eight days free from alcohol, cocaine and cigarettes but feeling okay(ish). Taking each day as it comes and trying not to look too far into the future as I find it quite daunting

I was very happy to find this forum after a Google search this evening, looking forward to speaking with people going through similar things, helping to give support hopefully plus just love to chat really :grinning:

13 Likes

Hi Laura

Thanks for the warm welcome :smile:

1 Like

Yet at one week, you’re already through so much of the worst of it. Why ever do it again?

Welcome, Sarah, and hope you’re still here and strong today!

1 Like

Hey @Matty1985 Im an Aussie and new on here too! Only on Day 15 and just trying to quieten all my busy self talk of going back for one more drink … I havent worked out how to post my own intro yet but am finding this app a useful tool to feel positive and get through another day.

4 Likes

Welcome @MsMabel! Good on ya with 15 days. This is already a fine intro to start. :blush:

If you want to start a thread, you can with the +New Topic button in the upper right on the main forum list page.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m Em from Australia :australia: been sober since 3rd July, 2019. I’m so thankful to have found TS and become a member of the community :pray: There’s a lot of wisdom to be found here! it’s because of the kindness, wisdom and generosity of everyone here that I, now, enjoy each day sober. I like to take it one day at a time. I have learnt and now firmly believe that
Sober life = my best life,
and I think it’s the same for all of us, that’s why we’re all here :slightly_smiling_face: it takes courage to be sober. And if you’re choosing to be sober each day, then you my friend are a courageous soul! :sparkles:

16 Likes