2022 Happy Thanksgiving - stay strong!

Today is the day that some of us newbies to sober living have dreaded. For me it’s the first holiday sober and Thanksgiving is probably the hardest one at that. This is the holiday that I would be pouring that first glass of wine by noon and trying to manage everything in the kitchen while continuing to fill up that glass and stay in a state of “just drunk enough to get through the meal” all day. Then crash once I’m done and just check out. Which in looking back is a shame. I missed out on so much more. This year is different though, and oddly enough I’m not even craving a drink. It’s like a switch has flipped, I’m sick of my own bullshit. I want to enjoy the day with my loved ones, listen to Christmas songs, watch the parade, watch some football, play games with the kids and savor all of the delicious food. I stocked up on kombucha, NA wine and beer and stuff for Shirley temples (with extra cherries of course). The people that want to drink, can drink…it’s just not for me. Stay strong today my friends. You can do this, you can do hard things. If you’re struggling reach out, we’re all here to support each other. Our life will be so much richer when we can actually take part in it and remember the moments we’re making. Love to all :heart:

24 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving
Have a wonderful one

7 Likes

Sounds like we could be twins. 2nd sober holiday season and I am saying bring it on! Happy turkey day!!

7 Likes

65hFAdFDawM7yn52EG

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving Laurielee
You’re going to be so proud of yourself tomorrow :pray:t2:

This is my 3rd Thanksgiving sober. And my first time calmly cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my home. It’s almost 9 am turkey is in the oven and

0 Mimosas

0 Bloody Mary’s.

I’m working a shutout ball game again this year.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
We’re here and we got your back.
:pray:t2::heart:

13 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving my sober talk family. I’m for 25 days sober and for all of you

9 Likes

Glad to see you here, particularly on the holiday! Keep up the great work!

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving sober family :heart: :turkey:

For those of you who are doing sober thanksgiving for the first time today, let me tell you that it is amazing. No more trying to drink enough to get drunk before dinner. No more trying to get juuuuust the right amount of drunk so you can still talk and “seem normal”.

Enjoy the fact that you can actually eat all the food without worrying about it killing your buzz. Enjoy the time with family and friends and the fact that you’re actually making memories because you’ll remember everything!

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

6 Likes

Happy holidays to you!
This is my second round of sober holidays and it is super duper worth it. So much more relaxing.

You can do hard things and after a while, it gets easier.

I’m snuggling up with hot tea and gratitude.

9 Likes

I’m truly grateful for another year because at this time last year I was deep in active addiction and my drug of choice has always been MORE so I was a broken vessel and didn’t want the next moment but now I welcome the next day and give all the praise and Glory to our Heavenly Father so it truly is a Happy Thanksgiving for me and you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

6 Likes

Hello everyone. Havent been on in awhile. Lifes been hitting me hard. Gotta have a stress test and heart ultrasound. Wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. Im still sober as i hope everyone else is to. Stay strong!!!

14 Likes

@ArdieB Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your health will be better. I feel so grateful for the good people I found here

6 Likes

I am absolutely greatful for you all

5 Likes

Just checking in on everyone, i know the holidays can be a rough time! Keep your head up and take it a moment at a time!! You got this!!!

12 Likes

Thanks Brian!! You too!!

5 Likes

Thank you! Right back at ya!

7 Likes

First family holiday sober. Noticed a large difference in how I interact with my family members and have a bigger appetite now that I’m not pregaming with a bottle of wine. Overall positive, but after a few hrs I’ve hit a wall and am ready to go home to some quiet!

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving all! My THIRD sober. Each better than the previous 50…
I didn’t want to drink but i still wish I could forget the havic i caused on drunken holidays.
Shields high everone. Together we DO this​:muscle::muscle::muscle:

8 Likes