23 days off

I had been using cocaine recreationally for a few years at parties and such. Recently however it had started to become an everyday thing. I am only 24 years old so I want to stop while I’m ahead. I never even think about it unless I’m at a social event or drinking. Any tips to help avoid the temptation?

2 Likes

I had to move far away from my connections, develop a hatred for them and the drug. Not attend any type of event where cocaine might be.

If I drink I’m 1000 times more likely to do cocaine. if it crosses my path while I’m drinking the I will do it. So not drinking is also in my best interests.

I haven’t done cocaine for a long time and I would still be tempted to do some if it was being done around me. I had to change people places and things to break free from cocaine. I was younger than you when I escaped. I stayed clean for a long time. I slipped when it was being done around me while I was drinking.

My addiction was happy to see me again. It never gets easier to quit. It required another complete change in lifestyle.

3 Likes

congrats on 23 days! nice!

1 Like

I deleted ALL my dealer numbers and cut everyone off that drank and or did blow. I voluntarily checked myself into a Rehab for 2 weeks as well. I paid attention to my family more and just worked. I also read, listened and worked out a lot and still do til this day.

I’m 1Y 5M into my sobriety. Since I’ve been sober, I remarried, rejoined the National Guard and just accomplished many, many things. All because I’m my True Self. Remembering where I came from motivates me every day to do the best I can man. I was a binge drinking cokehead, amigo. @JasonFisher mentioned something that I can relate to HARD. When I drank, I did Blow. That shit went hand in hand and if WE can change our ways for the better, so can you. You’re 24-years-old and have an Old Soul mentality. Don’t wait until you’re 34 like I did (I’m 36 now) to change for the better. The sooner you accept that you have a problem and want to change for YOURELF, the better off you will be down the line. FUCK all the people who associate themselves with Blow. Cut them off because they are Useless!

That’s my ¢ 2.

4 Likes