24 Days sober Bad and good

Today I went to My second ever meeting. Once Again, I didnt share, but they made me say my name. That was fine. I was very Anxious, more than last Friday’s meeting. I had to take an anti-anxiety pill. Any who made it through the meeting. Got home, watch the game, we won, yay! Out of no where crippling anxiety stomach pain, back pain, it all sucks. I tried baking, but it didnt help. I hate needing it. Im happy with out it. I have to go through it I guess.

13 Likes

Keep doing these things, they’re your tools to stay sober and you’re keeping then sharp.

Keep trudging, keep actively pursuing your sobriety. I have faith in you.

5 Likes

You’re doing great keep hanging in there

3 Likes

I have u in my head yelling at me when Im about to do something “Risky” like, going to my fave bar to watch a game. LOL It helps me stay on track. :slight_smile: Ill attend another meeting next weekend again :expressionless:

6 Likes

Thank u! Im Def trying the hardest ive ever tried in my life

4 Likes

Doing great sweetheart ,bake me a cake lol

2 Likes

I’m more of a “disappointed looker” than a yeller :joy::rofl::joy:

Whatever it takes, your life is worth everything.

4 Likes

I believe I am more the yeller type.

I am also not a role model.

3 Likes

You are doing great. It sounds like you have realized what it took me years to learn: We can’t just wish to be sober. We have to work for it.:heart:

2 Likes

If we could all meet Id bake for everyone

2 Likes

Thats even Worse! lmao

1 Like

All I ever do Is yell. Trust, Its misplaced anger

Your on the right track keep it up you’ve got it in you

1 Like

Thank you same to u

So you are saying people shouldn’t be on their mental health meds or medically assisted treatment?

1 Like

Where did you get your medical degree?

3 Likes

There was a point in my life where I had such severe depression and anxiety that the medication helped me cope. Without it, I didn’t even want to get out of bed. I believe that for some people medication can be life saving/ changing. When I went off of them I just tapered and did not have any adverse reactions.

2 Likes

Please provide credentials if you are going to be giving medical advice.

Actually back then I wasn’t on any “drugs”. I didn’t even drink. And I didn’t “rely” on them because I was also seeing a therapist to learn alternative strategies to cope with it. Have you ever suffered from depression or anxiety? Just curious

4 Likes

Wow, calling people names sure is sober behavior

1 Like