24 days - struggling with tiredness and feeling low

Hi there
I’m newly sober, 24 days alcohol free. I’m not struggling with cravings, that’s all fine. Loving waking up without a hangover, no panic attacks. I’m just so tired and low. Will this pass? Admittedly, I’ve not been eating well as I’ve been craving sugar and salt. Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Awesome for you! Yes it does pass. I struggled with cravings of sugar and salt for a while (months). Make sure your taking a good multivitamin and B complex. Drink lots of water and enjoy your down time. Your body is healing itself and it needs sleep. Eating well will come when your ready.

2 Likes

Thank you. I feel like I’m giving myself a hard time as I was expecting to feel amazing pretty quickly. I will seek out some vit B and try some patience

2 Likes

It comes and goes in waves, I still get cranky tired now and again, it’s all part of recovery

2 Likes

I think that’s what most of us do. Expectations can be premeditated resentments, and resentments are key offenders. They lead to thoughts like “I don’t feel any better so whats the point”. Dont get caught up in the instant gratification of sobriety, took years to get to where you recognized a problem and it’ll take time to get right too.

As has been suggested, multivitamins, hydration and time will help. Keep trudging, it does get better.

3 Likes

Sure it gets easier. I’m on 25 days and a bit, so i can relate. For the first few days after quitting (again), sleep was difficult… jetlag between 3 continents probably didn’t help, but still.
But it does get better… and if you ever need to chat, we’re all here, and i’m pretty much at the same tally as you.
You can do it, we all can.
Remember that you aren’t depriving yourself of anything, you’re FREEING yourself from years of accumulated poison in your body… and even in your head !
I cam relate…