24 Male New Zealand

Hi all I’m 5 and a half months clean from alcohol and 77 days clean from all drugs. Alcohol and drugs for me were an extreme form of escapism that I embraced and threw everything away for. I’m very lucky to be alive but I don’t know if that’s even going to last very long. Feeling very down and low I’ve given up all my old associates. Love to hear some encouragement or even better to make some connections in my home country I’m from blenheim South Island of New Zealand. Much live out there.

4 Likes

You have 5 1/2 months sober. Don’t ruin that. It’s not worth it. We always think that we can drink and not act out. But that statement is beyond false. I hope you’re doing ok…

2 Likes

Try a meeting they will help meet new sober friends wish you well

1 Like

9 months no drink 6 months no drinks thanks everyone

1 Like

Congrats on your sobriety. I’m a little confused with this

Are you 15 months sober?

1 Like

Good on yah mate,

I’m in the waikato, iv been on and off with the booze for a few years I’m 27 now.
I wasnt planning on it but after new years I thought I would become sober as it’s pretty clear if I keep drinking il be going to hospital not to mention losing all my mates over drinking too much…

1 Like

Sorry all 9 months no alcohol 6 months no drugs and yes my substance abuse was also suicide in instalments, tiptoeing me towards an early grave. Life’s much better now but I only get a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of spiritual principles

2 Likes

I go to six meetings a week I do step work, service, have a sponsor, pray to a higher power. Things have got better but I will never be healed from addiction or alcoholism however I now have a programme for daily sobriety thank god. Blessings to all.