25 days no opiates still struggling

Most acute stuff is gone still sweating more then usual and having horrible body pain especially in lower spine area. Sleeping is still very hit and miss and feel like I can’t feel pleasure although better then was at start it’s still a hard struggle. Been stressing hard. Combined with having no motivation i feel like some kind of zombie with symptoms that will never return back to normal. Also I never expected this to be a quick process especially given the many years of abuse but when your in the fight one day can feel like a month so it can seem pointless at times. I’ve done this in the past but shit a little sunshine is something I could truly use. Thanks for reading

5 Likes

Hang in there David. It took me 30 days before I was sleeping well and had some energy. Everyone is different but hopefully you’re gonna start feeling better very soon. :hugs:

1 Like

Hang in there!

1 Like

Same here David . 33 days clean and that no motivation and no emotion really it seems. I always want the quick fix too but I know it’s a process. One month has seemed like 3. Hang in there

3 Likes

Ya it’s tough to resume or even start a new life when your feeling like that. Dopemine levels are just fucked at the moment for obvious reasons and just need to be patient until brain heals I guess. Would love a quick fix but if I go back I don’t know that I can do this shit anymore so I got to make it work. Good work on 33 days I know how fucking hard it is.

1 Like

This is a time when you must stay the strongest. I’m at almost 5 months clean off of heroin and cocaine. Been a opiate user 10yrs plus. I can honestly say I feel better than I ever have. Exercise and yoga, jogging help at your phase and level. Lemme know

5 Likes

Get your creatine supplements. Test boosters. Drink Yerba Mate. Guyaki Yerba Mate is great for energy. The worst is about over! Trust me. Exercise plenty

2 Likes

Opiates create endorphins in our bodies to the extent that our body stops producing them as there is no need so you are likely to feel bad and not experience pleasure for a while. I used to do jumping jacks to get my body producing endorphins when I cold turkeyed off of heroin. Just keep at it Please as you have come too far now. Your doing great. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

For sure just started pumping 4 days ago again. Got the creatine and protein plus basic supplements but could always use more. Lifting was one of my favorite past times before using to the point of stopping. Thanks for reply

1 Like

This is so normal I know it doesn’t feel like it .hang on in there I felt like crap around the 30 day mark it does get better all those symptoms your writing about I had them too . just remember your doing great.x

1 Like

Thanks for input it really helps when others like yourself have felt the same. Makes it easier for me known I’m not the only one who has felt this.

1 Like

You need to remember all the damage the pills did, and it isnt a quick fix. You’re in the mental phase, which can be hard, but you are doing great. No need to turn back now, let the brain continue to adjust back to normal. Took me about 3 months to feel back to myself. Take some good brain supplements like fish oil, magnesium, DLPA. Most important is excercise to get the endorphins going. Do detox baths also, quick google search shows good detox bath remedies. Hang in there, 25 days is HUGE. Remember the reasons you quit, instead of the good times on pills. The pills are always fun at first then it’s just back to chasing the high that you can never get.

1 Like

Lifting has always been therapeutic for me, too. Even if it doesn’t produce the endorphins you want right now due to your body’s current chemistry, I bet you’ll feel great when you put in the work and see the results. Newbie gains are a real thing, so you should see progress quickly in terms of both strength and size.

3 Likes

5-Htp - Yerba Mate - Creatine - Coffee - Push Ups - Jogging - Meetings (Repeat)

1 Like

Oh ya man it’s a mental game now for sure . Would never go through this type of shit again not even worth it . Started exercise an lifting myself. Always was athletic an suddenly I have all these substances abusing an I’m at 302 . Luckily I’m at 268 now but shit depression does that to you . Only positive w this experience lol

2 Likes