2nd day again

I made it almost a week, and on the very last day, I relapsed. I’m on day 2 again. I don’t know what happened. I was doing great up until the weekend came. I even did great on Friday night. But once Saturday night came around, all I could think about was drinking. There was no way to stop me at that point.

I wish I would have gone to AA meetings during that week instead of avoiding them. I don’t want to bring my 3 year old to the meetings cuz I have no idea if she’s gonna sit in the chair and behave or not. So I try to stick to online meetings and lurking in this forum. I know I need to make it to a meeting but 3 year olds are unpredictable and I don’t want to risk other people’s sobritety if my kid distracts the meeting. Anyone have experience with AA and young children?

I took my 2.5 year old to my 2 month meeting. Most AAers are perfectly fine with it because everyone is there for the same reason. I think people would prefer you come with a child and stay sober, rather than avoid and relapse. Best suggestion would be to bring toys, snacks, games/phone etc. to keep the little one occupied and worst case you’ll just have to leave early. No sweat. Just get there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a good idea. I know as long as she has my phone and some snacks she will be perfectly happy

I have the same dilemma. My son is 3 and childcare is hard to come by. Money is too tight to hire a baby-sitter. My mother in law will watch him for free, but she’s very nosey and always ask where I’m going. And I’m not at the point where I’m sharing my struggles with family. Anyway, I don’t dare bring my son to the meetings because I know he’ll cause problems as he does not do well with long stretches of just sitting. So I’ve been doing the online thing and this forum too, but I can tell it’s not enough. I need to go to the meetings. I want to go to the meetings. But what to do with my hyper 3 year old…

I have been to a ton of AA meetings where there are children. People are pretty understanding and understand that sometimes children are going to make noise. It’s not a big deal and if this is the only reason you are not going you need to get over it and just go. If your child starts to really act up then leave.

4 Likes