2nd day in food binge

Good morning/afternoon/evening all.
I’ve been reading some of your stories, they are all so inspirational.

Looking for a bit of advice, I’m on my second day and I cannot stop eating! I even woke up in the middle of the night and made beef stroganoff!
My belly feels empty all the time, is this normal?

5 Likes

Hello @Porcha, welcome! Alcohol was my DOC and I too had an insatiable appetite! Its pretty normal. There’s a lot of changes that happen during the first month or two, it’s all part of the process, just roll with it an you’ll be fine!

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I made up some healthy snacks to pop in the fridge so I’m not eating too much sugar although I have went through a whole packet of chocolate digestives already today :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey there! Congratulations on your sobriety! What an amazing decision to come to. For me it helped to really commit to “allowing behavior” as long as it wasn’t drinking/using. If I wanted to veg out and binge watch Law and Order being of no use…I did it!!! Felt like eating rice with Parmesan, lemon and peas for three meals in a day??? I went right on ahead. Trying to “get everything right” was simply not an option for me when I started out. If I could do JUST ONE thing though (not drink or use) then I was doing AMAZING stuff. The quantity of ice cream that I consumed in my first 18 months of sobriety FAR surpassed what I had eaten in the previous 34 years and that was ok! I have since addressed and am continuing to address the role that food plays in my tendency to self medicate for comfort and escape…and it fees handleable and like something I really am ready to work on now. Hopefully some of this is helpful. Congratulations again! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I never actually thought of it like that, I suppose kicking one habit at a time is definitely easier on the mind!

Ice cream and syrup binge it is, much better than the other kind of binge :smile:

1 Like