2nd Weekend

My first weekend of sobriety was no problem as I was all motivated and eager to make a change. I’m still carrying that motivation but was triggered by the smell of alcohol and cigarettes (I work in a medical clinic) and next thing I knew I was thinking how I could drink and do some cocaine on the weekend. I’m focusing on figuring out plans so that this won’t happen and reaching out to supports. Crazy how these thoughts get carried away so quickly though.

3 Likes

You’re saying the right thing. Your plan is to not do it and not a plan to do it. Weekends will be my killer too. I keep thinking ‘what the hell else did I do?’ Good luck.

1 Like

Hey try to replace the old habits with new ones. Go for a healthy diet, workout or whatever you like. Focus on a new life instead of the old one. Great job, keep going!

It most certainly is crazy. It’s your addict brsin.! The thing that has been guiding you for so long.
Takes time, patience and hard work to change something we’ve been doing for so long.
Hence the idea of keeping records of why you are stopping, because the further you get away from the time you made your decision, the more that addict is going to pester, and the harder it’s going to be to resist.
You need to arm yourself now!

just a quick hello and welcome as you’ve snuck in there under the radar. Wish you well on your journey and if your ever unsure what to do, Do nothing.

1 Like