3 days and feeling awful

3 days in and I feel awful. The mental confusion and hyper sensitivity to sounds is horrid. I feel like life is moving at a much louder and faster pace. Anyone else experience this?

8 Likes

YES!! For myself it was around 4 days before I started to feel physically better. I think some people take a week or two. It WILL get better.

2 Likes

Yes! It was the same for me. It’s only been one week for me, but I feel SO much better! Hang in there…it gets better! Good luck to you :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I’m back on day 2 again. It’s already better than yesterday. I know to expect moodiness, hypersensitivty, etc. I’m allowing myself to snack more and sleep in. I know it will get better. When my mind runs and tries to talk me into a drink I say, “I already made that decision. I don’t have to think about it now.”

3 Likes

Agreed. It took me probably 2 weeks before I actually started physically feeling better. 30 days in and my mind is clear and my happiness has sky rocketed lol

4 Likes

Keep your head up, and stay strong! It’s hard now, but there will be a day that you are gonna be proud of yourself!

1 Like

I’ll be at 3 days also in one hour :blush: I still feel brain dead. Anxiety is pretty bad but I’m hanging in​:blush: I think every day we wake up sober, we’ll feel better and better. I’m hydrating and peeing a lot, that seems to help.

4 Likes

Just hit 10 months about a week ago and life couldn’t be any better. Last time I responded to this post I had 30 days. It’s amazing how fast time flies when you live your life sober!! Worth every second!!!

4 Likes

Day 3 was the worst for me. Days 1 and 2 I felt like I had a hangover (because I did). Day 3 I felt fine physically, but as soon as cocktail hour rolled around, I got anxious and restless. Finally, I couldn’t stand it, and rather than drink, I grabbed my coat and hat, strapped on the Fitbit, fired up a good podcast, and went for a walk. I went 6 miles and went done, I felt great and the anxious feeling was gone. I repeated this every evening, except only walked for an hour, for 90 days. Helped a ton!

3 Likes

Right there… Day three, hangover gone, this afternoons sucked at work… Flat and angry… But I’ll be damned if I’m giving up… Lots of angry going on.

3 Likes

Make your anger help you stay sober!!

2 Likes

That worked for me a lot in the first 2 weeks :+1:

3 Likes

It’s keeping me going haha… Seems like my temper is really short, someone puts one foot wrong and I’m all over them like a nightmare of rage and spit… Practicing my ten breaths and walk away stratagies haha… I could wring someone’s neck!! Oooooosssaaaaaaa… Oooooosssaaaaaaa…

I just feel really sick

2 Likes

Hi @Charlotte_Rea welcome! In the beginning my tummy was all over the place. I drank plenty of water and chamomile tea. I took paracetamol every four hours for a day or so and slept A LOT. I hope you feel better soon :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

The sickness passes. Trust me!!! Take it one day at a time. Eat some chocolate, clean your bathroom. Do anything but drink!! You got this!!