3 days clean why continue

hi, my name is kels, im 31 and heavy cocaine drug user!! i’m going to die if i keep using!!!

2 Likes

Welcome, this is a great first step. This place saved my life. Loads of great advice on here. Be active, it helps.

3 Likes

Hi :wave: I’m in recovery from uppers and downers and that’s EXACTLY why I got clean as well and one of the millions of things that motivate me to stay sober. Welcome :hugs:

4 Likes

thanks that’s was fast! yeah im not sure what to say, i’m an iv user, i have seizures due to cocaine, and when i was found w things on me, first thought was i was mad bc i left my drugs out and couldn’t use again when they took me to hospital all i felt. was anger for not being smart hiding my drugs! like i just was found on my floor in my own urine and throw up and im worried about my drugs being taking away! it’s just awful! i don’t know if i will make it past this! i’m genuinely afraid for me life but i just can’t stop using! this is my last hope! reaching out for help

5 Likes

Huge congrats on making it through to day 4 Kels! You felt and feel the same every addict does. It’s the quintessence of being one. We want our drugs! You made it to day four though. So you can make it to day 5 too. 100% true. That’s one. Two is that you made it here and you are asking for help. You recognize you can’t do it alone. You recognize it and you ask for help. That’s huge. We can all use alone, we can all die alone. But recovering, beating addiction, we have to do together. One day at a time. Together. I’m very glad you’re here because together we have a change, you and me and all of us.
Three is you need a plan. Sounds to me you need more help then just us here at TalkingSober. What’s your plan? Want to go to rehab? Impatient or outpatient? Been thinking about going to peer to peer support groups like NA or CA? Or non 12 step support groups like SMART or Buddhist Recovery? Thinking about getting out of the physical surroundings you’re in, breaking with your addicted buddies? Changed your phone number so the dealers can’t reach you? Got rid of your dealers phone number?
I’m proud of you you made it to day four Kels. You spend a lot of energy maintaining your habit. now it’s time to spend your energy on staying clean and building a new life. Spend your time and energy on Recovery. You can do this but it takes a lot of work. I’m sure you can do it. I wish you all success. We’re right here with you.

3 Likes

NA zoom meetings 24/7

3 Likes

For me to quit and stay quit, I had to eliminate all contact with users and dealers.

None of those people were true friends. It was hard for me to realize that. Until I did that, I failed at quitting.

Glad your here! Stay connected.

5 Likes

You seem to know you have a problem try a meeting might help and that what you want wish you well

2 Likes