3 days sober. Just thinking aloud

This morning at work i am feeling more productive. The fog has lifted (for the most part) and i am able to think a little more clearly. I can definitely tell i am not 100% again, but at least i am not dry heaving or sweating anymore. Thats a good thing. I have noticed when i get drunk it gets harder and harder to recover. It also takes longer and longer to recover. I do not believe it is just a normal hangover anymore. Normal hangovers do not last 4 days. Normal hangovers do not cause dry heaving, sweats, insomnia, and slight shaking for days on end. I have come to believe that i will never be able to drink without experiencing these symptoms. Whats weird is I hadnt drank for 21 days and i thought the hangover or after effects wouldnt be as bad as before. I was wrong. When i start drinking i cant stop and days afterwards i suffer. Maybe i am an alcoholic. Either way i do know i never want to go through what i have this week again. I hope everyone is having a better day than i am, but it is improving. Cheers!

3 Likes

Whether you identify as an alcoholic or not, you have definitely recognized how unhealthy drinking is for you and that’s a good thing. I don’t use the label alcoholic, but I know drinking was ruining my self and my life. Feeling clear headed and healthy is so so much better than that terrible hangover anxiety and physical pain. Good for you for realizing alcohol is hurting you. Enjoy your sobriety!!

5 Likes