3 Years, 1096 days Sober 🥳

Hi all
Today marks 3 Years since I last touched a drop of Alcohol or misused my prescription drugs. It also marks the day I woke from my overdose swearing I’d never drink again.

During those 3 Years, Ive survived Domestic Violence, Lockdown x3, Deaths in the Family, Divorce after 23 years of Marriage, almost dying and needing emergency surgery, and most recently my dear Dad passing away.

Alcohol gives me nothing, Sobriety gives me everything.

Whether your on day 1 or week 1, please don’t stop trying, its worth the effort you put into it to have a life free from drink.

Now lets all have a slice of yummy cake, my lovely kids have spoilt me rotten today !!!

23 Likes

And cos Im a complete dope I thought it was yesterday and put the wrong number of days on the cake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

10 Likes

Congratulations on 3 years!

1 Like

Wow you are a strong person :muscle: Congratulations! You inspire me!

2 Likes

Your kids have done you proud, and so have you. What lovely gifts. You have been through such an awful lot, you give me encouragement to keep on. Thank you and take a bow. :clap::clap::clap::+1::full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 3 years

1 Like

Congratulations on your 3 years!!! Those are some seriously delicious looking cakes!!! :yum:

1 Like

Congratulations to you Laura.
Just wow!!!
Happy 3rd sober birthday.
I hope you have/had the best day ever. You got some awesome support there in your children.
You keep showing us how it’s done without booze.
I’m very proud and happy for you :pray::heart:

2 Likes

You have the best celebrations and I love how it’s a family event. You got some pretty amazing kids there and that’s a reflection on you as a mom.
Congratulations! :tada: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

So happy for you !!!

1 Like

Congrats Aura Laura

1 Like

This is amazing!! Congratulations on you achievement, and on your wonderful, supportive family! I’m so happy for you!

1 Like

Thanks everyone :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like