3 years today

Hello everyone. I am not new here but this is my first post. I have been following this app now for 3 years. I have read many stories over this time. They have helped me stay strong and see different ways that everyone copes with different situations. Today I am 3 years sober!! Could never have thought this in the beginning. I was the every day beer drinker who thought it was normal. (But it was not). I have had many ups and downs these last 3 years and could have easily started to drink again. But I knew I wanted more to be sober. This group has helped me many of times and I am grateful. I started in small steps with getting through the hours,then to days,then to weeks. Alcohol was my only thought at one time. It does not rule me anymore! To the people on here stay stong,stay positive! It gets better!! I can promise that! Every day is a good day when alcohol does not rule you.

29 Likes

That is fabulous! Congrats on your 3 years !!!

Well hey there! Congratulations on three years!

1 Like

fantastic! congratulations :slight_smile:

Inspiring! Congrats. Amazing story

This is great and 3 years is amazing!!! What is your favorite change so far?

Congrats!!

Amazing work! Glad you posted, thanks for sharing your journey with us :bird:

There are alot. If I had to pick 1
Being clear headed. Sounds corny but you see things in a different way. Takes a little time though.

2 Likes

Just goes to show you that we never know who we may influence, support, and maybe inspire as we walk this journey of our new life!

Thanks for sharing after 3 tremendous years!!! Congratulations!

2 Likes

I totally understand that, love it!!!

Well done @BUDGUY

Nice one. Congratulations :star_struck:

Congrats man !!

Brilliant!