30 day milestone!

Fade to black… this picture above is from 31 days ago. Countless beers and Jameson shots later. You see a smile maybe a little tired even. There is absolutely no one home. The body is just on autopilot and I’m no where to be found. Looking at this picture makes me feel sad for the past me on the right. From my late teens until now age 31 I let alcohol dictate my life always waiting for a drink. Crazy how something that you thought made you feel good would sucker punch you to wake up not knowing what you did the day prior. Only to feel ashamed, depressed, lonely, just disgusted with who you are as a person. That lasts for half the day just to restart the whole cycle over again thinking hey I have it under control might as well Crack another and get myself to feel better but we all know where that leads to. More drinking maybe not black out but be hungover for the next day just so you can say at least I remember what happened I didn’t forget the night before. The cycle just keeps going its course. This guy is gone 31 days ago I decided enough was enough and it’s time to break the cycle and break the hand alcohol had so tightly gripped on me!

Hi I’m Zack and I’m an alcoholic. Technically yesterday was my milestone of 30 days! I feel great! There have been a couple days of hard cravings due to stress but I’ve turned to this app and also go to a alcohol therapist that has really gave me perspective on myself and how to deal with my drinking problem. The motivation I have for everyday life and all the extras are insane when I take drinking out of the equation. Weekends now are definitely my favorite. I can get so much stuff done and have time to enjoy my hobbies without being stuck wherever I was just getting drunk. I’m doing this sober journey for myself and couldn’t be happier with how the first month has went!

Thank you to everyone on here for being so open and helpful on this amazing road to recovery! I know that on a hard day your here to lend a helping word! Hope everyone has a great rest of your week! Stay motivated and one day at a time!

23 Likes

Thank you very much! Definitely seems like it can only keep going up from here!

4 Likes

:clap: Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

I relate to autopilot. It’s mind boggling how much time I spent there. I’m grateful to be the one always steering these days.

Keep up this momentum!

Glad your here!

4 Likes

Thanks! Glad to be in this awesome community!

2 Likes

Wish I’d started my quit at 31, as a 49 year old finally sober you’ve got some wonderful years ahead of you if you stick with it, good job!

2 Likes

That’s the end game! I get married in October and my fiance really drilled some realities in me that booze was just not in those pictures I saw for myself if we decided to make a family and everything that goes with it!

1 Like

Keep that first photo on your refrigarator for the rest of your life! A great reminder of a person you don’t wanna be.

The second one though is someone with sparkling eyes! At 31 days! I wonder what more sober days will bring you!

Congratulations Zack!! :partying_face::tada::partying_face:

3 Likes

Congrats Jack,
Very uplifting testimony

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it! One day at a time and I will definitely see how life rewards me being clear minded!

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate it!

1 Like

Congratulations, your eyes have a shine back in them
Well done :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Wow, its crazy how our addicts mind thought we were living it up in the before pics but I see a true happiness in your after photo and love to hear how you are truly living it up sober! Congrats on the milestone!! Keep stacking those days one day at a time.

1 Like

Congrats :partying_face::partying_face:!!

1 Like

Definitely doesn’t look appealing on the otherside that’s for sure! Thank you so much!

Thank you!

Good for you, Zack! 30 days is awesome. Keep up the fantastic work.

1 Like

I appreciate it thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! The car is moving alot more steady!

1 Like