30 days on wednesday 🥳 helping me and helping you

Trying sobriety AGAIN! I spent years drinking/drugging… I always knew it was an issue ( after watching my mother suffer with alcoholism) but as a teenager and young adult I ignored everything that screamed this is not ok… I could write a book… but for now I just want somewere I can feel like I can check in when I’m having cravings. I have an instagram page in which I share motivation for other about sobriety mental health and other life issues… but I want somewere for me to get some for myself :joy:… I honestly am so happy being sober but I’m only day 27 and yesterday I had some major cravings… so I decided today was the day I would write in here… hi everyone… I’m really enjoying looking at all your stories and hopefully we can all help each other… :om:

17 Likes

Congrats on 27 days, that’s some good work right there. Coming here when cravings hit is smart, gives you affirmation and reminds us of what we’re fighting for!

Welcome!!

4 Likes

Heh. Yep. I had this inner dialog too, but about my dad. Still didn’t stop me. He ended up getting sober just as my drinking went up to 11. Grateful he’s now one of my sober friends and knows the score.

Welcome, @Serenity33! This has been a great place to talk it out for me and I hope you find the same. Congrats on your time. 27 days doesn’t happen on accident. :v:

3 Likes

Thank you both for the welcome, I’m hoping I will be able to use this as a place to help with the mouth watering cravings :joy:… sadly my mother passed six years ago, she couldn’t get sober and it’s such a shame but I know she is happy now… so I’m going to break a cycle of family addiction and start a new sober trend for everyone…

4 Likes

That’s a great inspiration, Shell!

1 Like

27 days is no joke!!! That is fantastic!!!

1 Like

Well done on 27 days! That’s no small feat. Welcome to our awesome community.

1 Like

Good for you Shell. It takes courage to reach out. Welcome to Talking Sober! :innocent:

1 Like

Hi and welcome, it’s nice to meet you and I’m looking forward to following your journey! Great work on 27 days, you’re doing amazing :+1: one day at a time, together, we will beat addiction :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you all so much already I feel so welcome from you all, I was so scared to write anything I didn’t know what to say… and to be honest I didn’t have a clue how to work the app :joy::joy: but getting there slowly… I too like many had the fear of being boaring and the thoughts of what do you do if you don’t drink… I now see the benefit of waking up after meeting with family or friends with a clear mind, but it’s that feeling in the back of your throat like something is missing I don’t know if anyone else gets that with cravings it’s such a strange feeling I can’t explain it… like I need to swallow something. I loved the bite that alcohol gave, the bitterness almost like pain a form of self harm some might say… I’m worried I will replace that with something else like food… any suggestions on how to help with the cravings… I have a lot to loose and so much to live for… I want this I need this… this is my time… with the help of meditation and positive thinking and music of course :star_struck:

1 Like

1 Like