30 days sober today 🥳

Hello :wave:t2: I’m new here, my name is Annette and this my first time in my life I am seeking a alcohol free life. After doing things my way for a very long time and using alcohol as a way to cope with my anxiety and stress I have decided that enough is enough. Last month I literally hit rock bottom. My marriage was suffering, my depression was taking over my life and quite frankly I hated facing myself in the mirror every morning. I was disappointed in myself and the miserable person I was becoming. I have two beautiful boys that are counting on me and I know they deserve nothing but the best version of me.
I started attending AA and it’s been life changing. Listening to other peoples stories and their testimonies has motivated and pushed me to continue down this road of sobriety. It’s only been 1 month and ironically so many doors have opened for me or perhaps my sobriety has let me see what I would other wise see as a challenge or chore as more of an opportunity. I just wanted to share some encouragement to anyone out there that might be struggling with addiction. There really is more to life than the same toxic patterns that leaves you feeling more empty. I know I have a long road ahead and I know that this is only the beginning but life finally feels like it’s worth living for again and waking up in the morning hangover free and looking myself in the mirror has been such a blessing to say the least. Wishing you all a wonderful week :heart:

21 Likes

Welcome Annette,
Congratulations on your 30 days of freedom. That’s huge! This has been a great community for me to get support for my sobriety. Have a good read around and join in when your willing. You got any questions? Just ask. We can be a helpful bunch.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

One step at a time congratulations on 30days sober just take it easy and stick around here for alot of great people and stories to help support an encourage your new direction in life. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @MamaBunch , welcome! Great work on 30 days…. Congratulations!! I can relate so much to your post. I too decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Together we can do this, one step at a time :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much so much :heart: Happy to be here and get to know some of you better. Hope you have a great day today’

2 Likes

One day at a time! Exactly. :blush: nice to meet you! Happy to be here! Have a wonderful day today!

1 Like

:raised_hands:t2: Thank you for the encouragement! So glad I found this app. Looking forward to hearing more stories and staying on track. Wishing you a beautiful day today! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Congrats to you Annette!:boom::partying_face::heart: I’ve been with NA since September 1st, 2020 and finally clean since August 1st, 2021. the first 30 days were extremely difficult and thanks to the program I made it too. Gratitude, trust and faith. Connection is key, as is honesty, willingness, and open-mindedness. For today only, greetings and hugs from Switzerland.

2 Likes

Congrats on 30 days :+1:

Congratulations on 30 days! Glad you are here :smiley:

1 Like

Stay powerful! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: