30 Meetings in 30 Days!

So I’ve often heard people refer to “90 meetings in 90 days” and I just can’t commit to that. I know I would fail and that might trigger me to drink.

I’ve been avoiding meetings, and while I’m still sober, I know I’m just one bad day, hour or minute away from slipping. I always come up with an excuse to skip a meeting, I’m still trying to do it alone, and I know that I’m not strong enough for that, so I’ve come up with an idea.

I’m going to do 30 meetings in 30 days and I started yesterday. I’ve mapped out all the meetings that will work with my schedule and even backups if I miss it. No excuses. I’m going to try out a bunch of different meetings, put myself out there and meet people. Hopefully I’ll find a sponsor while I’m at it.

So here I am, making myself accountable to all of you. I will be checking in at the end of each meeting to share what I leaned or how I feel. You don’t have to read it but I need to do this for myself.

What I learned last night was I’m a very stubborn person who always makes excuses to avoid situations :unamused:

I’m ready to beat this once and for all.
Wish me luck :crossed_fingers:t3:

15 Likes

Best of luck keep us updated on your progress wish you well

3 Likes

You too? That sounds an awful lot like someone I know…

At first I went to meetings bc I felt like I had to. Then I went bc I didn’t know where else to go. Now I go bc they are a regular part of my life and I want to go most of the time. And on the days I don’t want to go, those are the days I definitely go.

5 Likes

Thank I will! Next one is tonight at 7:30 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now I really hate going to meetings but I know I need it. I’m hoping at the end of these 30 days I’ll find the right kind of meeting I look forward to.

1 Like

You will. It gets more comfortable as time goes on.

It was easiest for me to break it down to days. A meeting was part of my day. I went to work, put in my 8 hours, then went to the meeting club. Then I ate dinner. Skipping a meeting would be like skipping dinner or lunch. It was just part of my routine.

I was never officially doing 90 in 90. Shit, I couldn’t commit to something that big for nothin. I just went to a meeting everyday and didn’t drink between meetings. It made it easier to not drink that way. I could make it 24 hours until the next meeting.
What also helped me to go to the same place. Somewhere that has multiple meetings throughout the day. This helped because Lots of the same folks attended these meetings. this way I got to know people and they me. These clubs are also good because you can basically go there anytime of the day and there will be SOMEONE to talk too!! Because there where days where there wasn’t a meeting starting for another hour and I really needed someone to talk too.

That’s what made it easier for me in the begining. Oh and the “20/20” rule helped too. Get there 20 minutes early, leave 20 minutes late. This helped to meet people. And in my opinion, the “meeting after the meeting” is where the magic happens. It’s where I got the one on one (or 2 or 3) time that I needed.

These are all just suggestions. From a program of suggestions. Nothing is “required”. My biggest suggestion to you is just go to a meeting at least once every 24 hours. Lol😉

1 Like

Lovin’ your insight! Beautiful plan! Looking forward to your updates :heart:

1 Like

sounds like a pretty solid plan to me. i look forward to hearing your experience! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I definitely can’t commit to things long term but I always set myself up for failure. Funny- I’ve started the 30 day sobriety solution book which actually convinced me to try a meeting each day of the program. Today is day 3 and the author just said don’t start setting too many goals because as soon as you give up on one of those goals, you’ll feel like a failure and could fall right back into drinking. That is so true for me! Each time I’ve tried to get sober I always set so many goals- eat super healthy, exercise daily, wake up early every morning etc. I don’t know if I can get there 20 mins early and stay 20 late. If I did that I would hardly see my kids and husband, but I can commit to an hour a day!

I’m going to stay in the day, look forward to my meeting at the end of the day and complete the exercise of the day in the book and just keep moving forward.

1 Like

That’s impressive. I wish you success!

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t check in last night. By the time I got home it was late and I needed to get to bed. I really enjoyed last nights meeting, it was one I hadn’t been to before and I really enjoyed the group there. There were a lot more people my age which definitely helped me feel comfortable and I’m looking forward to going again next week.

Day 2 down and feeling good. Looking forward to tonights meeting!

Last night we worked on step 8 and while I’m still a ways away from that it got me thinking. I really only have two people to make amends with, myself and my husband. I know I’ve already apologized to him for everything and I show it everyday, but what I learned last night is I don’t think I can ever forgive myself for what I did to him while I was drinking and that’s a really daunting thought. :confused:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

3rd meeting and 3rd day down! Excited about this momentum. I learned last night that I’m extremely impatient and I have a really hard time living life one day at a time. So today I’m going to work on living in the moment and stop worrying so much about the future.

1 Like

Doing great keep it up get phone numbers and hopefully you can make new sober friends, when i went to my first meeting i was anxious and scared but i went to plenty and still do all these years later wish you well

1 Like

I have done 373 meetings in 329 days.

2 Likes

I’ve done like 450 in 250 days lol. I don’t have a life

2 Likes

Nice! I have 2 kids, a husband, 2 dogs/2 cats and a full time job. No way I’d have time for that many meetings!

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Holy crap that’s a lot!!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m really trying to enjoy myself and meet new sober friends, but I find that I have a love hate relationship with going to meetings. I love being there and talking to the awesome people there, but at the same time I don’t have much free time and sitting in a meeting for over an hour is tough- especially when I think of everything I need to do like walk the dog, clean the house, play with kids, laundry etc.

Still really trying to stay sober the only way I know how right now! :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes