31 Days free of alcohol...Best bday present to myself

Hello beautiful people! 31 days free of alcohol today! I myself am a binge alcoholic. I absolutely love all the post that people share regarding their addiction. We all have different ways of going about it, but it all leads to the same thing. Misery. I am so grateful that I have the inner strength and motivation to progress from things that no longer serve me. My spirituality creativity and support system is my true Joy. And alcohol was getting in the way of those things. Most of all it was taking me away from my authentic self. The anxiety was just too much for me to bare, To where I was uncomfortable in my skin. I have overcome a lot of trauma and Alcohol was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I am feeling super good and have very little cravings. I can feel my psychological decisions changing. The first thing for me is when I’m hungry ,I used to go for a cocktail or a couple shots. Now I go make something nutritious and enjoy myself with no guilt. Just this small change in decision making has helped me tremendously. I am so glad I found this app and I appreciate all of you for sharing and being vulnerable. It has truly help me on my journey! May you all find your true joy and make decisions that serve you. You deserve to love yourself and make your footprint in this world.

25 Likes

Well done, you should be really proud. Lovely post :clap:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply that’s an awesome idea! I’ve got lots of art supplies here, cuz that’s what I do! My birthday was actually on June 29th, I turned 47. That day was when I had my last drink. but everyday feels like my birthday cuz everyday I wake up feeling reborn in a sense.

3 Likes

What a great bday present to give yourself. And I love your style :grinning: great hat. I was 20 days sober on my 60th birthday and was planning a Great bottle of expensive wine and I told everyone one here I was planning on drinking for my great big 60th. Thanks to all the caring people on here I can happily and honestly and more importantly “proudly” say being sober was the best bday gift ever and now I’m 210 days in without having to start over.
:pray::green_heart::blue_heart::pray:

1 Like

Thank you so much! And congratulations to you also! It’s so freeing not to have that monkey on your back!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday and congratulations. I’m a binge drinker too, nice to wake up over the weekend with a clear head and remembering going to bed :crazy_face::heart::tada:

1 Like

For Realz! When I think about how much energy I put into worrying about what I said while I was drinking. It really broke my heart. Cuz I pride myself I’m being real. Thats what hurt my heart the most, that I wasn’t being real with myself.

I know, I’ve said some stupid things, had hurtful arguments whilst drinking. Drinking and anxiety do not mix, I wish I could turn back the clock. Keep looking forward making new goals. Lol, next thing it will be Christmas and we would have wondered where the last 6 month went :santa:

2 Likes

I love your positive attitude! To be honest each day gets easier for me. Even with the pandemic. I enjoy living alone. I have lots of things to keep me busy at home. I’m a mix between extrovert and introvert. But right now during the pandemic. It’s it’s easier for me to dry up…for socializing I realized is a trigger! I used to be the life of the party on that dance floor!..I’m not even on social media for about two and a half months, that’s also a trigger for me. I’m realiizing, that being a very high empathic person, I have to be selective and what I put my energy into. And that’s 100% okay with me, because the most important thing to me is my lively hood.

1 Like

Fantastic, well done.

1 Like

A story I needed today, thanks for the pick me up. Keep killing it and happy birthday

1 Like

Thank you so much! Glad I could help. That was my whole intention was to celebrate my progress and bring a smile to somebody’s face today. You never know what people are going through. One thing that I do know, is tomorrow is a whole new day with a whole new set of surprises!

1 Like

What a great birthday gift for yourself. I actually celebrated my first sober birthday earlier this month and it was much easier than I expected. It was because the people on this app were so supportive and made me realize that just being sober was the best gift ever. Happy belated birthday to you.

1 Like