31 days sober and new here

Hey everyone! I’m new to this community, I don’t really know how it works yet but I’m already really liking what I see. I am 31 days sober from marijuana.

I am a social worker, and I feel ashamed for what I have been doing all these years, my last 2 positions were in addiction recovery and I was lying to myself and everyone else the whole time. My parents were supporting me and basically funding my addiction. They are both in recovery (mom-34 years, dad- since july) and I feel as if I’ve let them down. They both say they are proud of me and not mad at me, but I know their trust for me has gone way down.

I’m trying to focus on the positives though- I’ve made it this far and I know I can go further. I also was having severe night sweats since I started smoking (I guess my body was detoxing every night?) and I never would have thought the weed was causing it until they started going away when I stopped. I can now sleep a whole night without sweating, which for a 25 year old, is a big deal lol. My mom is going to help by sending me some books that helped her with her sobriety and I’ve filled out a worksheet that was used in my last job. Never thought I’d be filling it out myself. I start a new job Monday (this time not in addiction recovery, I have a ways to go before I can do that work again) and I will need to stay on track when the stress. I’m probably rambling now but I thank anyone who takes the time to read this. I’m glad I have found this community.

6 Likes

Well done for facing up to your addiction and congratulations on being 31 days sober. Its an amazing achievement.
I’m also new here but I have found this to be a really comforting and supportive community already.
Stay strong and keep going :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, that means a lot!!

Hi and welcome here,
Congratulations with you first month, that’s a great start! This app was a great help in my recovery (alcohol). Sober for 3 years now.
Look around, read a lot and come here when you have cravings to talk about it.
We are all here for you.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! 3 years is a huge accomplishment. I bet you have gained so much insight and value from life sober for 3 years. That is so motivating to us that just are getting started.

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations. Good job making the decision to make better choices for yourself.

1 Like

Thank you, friend!!

1 Like