34 days sober and bad urge

34 days sober from alcohol!! Today sucked. I had such a strong urge to drink from missing my children (they come back into my care end of April). It kind of scared me of how much I didn’t care in the moment, I even got myself ready to go for a walk to the store to grab alcohol. But after I got ready, I just cried and cried. I thought about all the outcomes of what would of happened if I decided to drink today and all the scenarios I thought of were not good, they never are. I need to go to a meeting but no AA meetings are happening where I am right now. :pensive: I know it gets easier with time but man, that urge hit me strong. I just needed to rant somewhere, so someone can read it and I get it off my chest somehow…

11 Likes

But u didn’t go! A miss is as good as a mile! Glad u got it off ur chest, and now u can move on with being sober. About meetings, have u tried online?

1 Like

Thank you guys :raised_hands:t3::blush: I feel a whole lot better and glad that I didnt go and drink. I’ll be spending more time on here reading and connecting.

2 Likes

Read and Rant as much as you need. That’s what we’re hear for. Turning to this app when I’m feeling tested helps me. I owe the people on here a lot.

1 Like

So proud of you for not going through with it. It takes a lot. Stay strong😀

Good of you to play the tape trough!
Maybe you can follow online meetings instead of the AA?
Here are some links:

Congratulations with your 34 days!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
You are doing great!