365 one day at a time

I wasn’t sure if I was going to post anything or not, but really this isn’t for me. This is to show newcomers that it is possible to get, and stay, sober.

Today marks one year of continuous sobriety for this addict and alcoholic. I’ve had a lot of ups and even a few downs, but each day that I have is a miracle. This time last year I was homeless and ready to kill myself. It was only by God’s grace that I made it to rehab. After rehab I realized it was going to take God and a whole bunch of work to get my ass sober. I started going to AA, got a home group, got a sponsor and started working the steps. Maybe you don’t think you need these things, but I can tell you they make this journey a whole lot easier.

Every step of the way I’ve had amazing support from the fellowship of AA and people here as well. I know I don’t have to do this alone, and that’s exactly how I like it.

AA not only saved my life but it gave me a life beyond my wildest dreams. You can have all this to if you are willing to take that first step.

33 Likes

Congratulations my friend. It’s been a pleasure to witness and know you on this journey.

2 Likes

So inspiring, thanks for sharing 🤸💕

1 Like

Even though we haven’t always been on the same page, you not giving up on me through my relapse days and my early sobriety is and always will be forever appreciated, your life has done a complete 360 and you are so deserving of that, you have worked so hard for it and it’s being rewarded in spades :hugs: meetings and programs of any kind is far beneficial than trying to go it alone :fist_right: :tada:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Brother!

1 Like

Teamwork makes the dream work. Good work on staying sober today my dude. Lets do it again tomorrow.

4 Likes

@Englishd, congratulations! You are an inspiration to so many. Well done!! Always enjoy your posts.

1 Like

This made me smile lol. I can be a giant ass, but I really do want everyone to succeed at this.

1 Like

Huge, gigantic ass

3 Likes

I like big butts and I cannot lie

3 Likes

Great message of recovery. With AA all things are possible.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Englishd on reaching the 1 year milestone, here’s to many more years of sobriety ahead of you - One Day At A Time :sunny: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Well done @Englishd fantastic achievement…:grin:

1 Like

Wow!!! Congratulations! Your outlook and voice have been a welcomed and needed one in my sobriety journey…so happy to be able to celebrate yours!!!
Happy Birthday!! :gift::birthday::confetti_ball:

1 Like

congrats from :goat:

2 Likes

Well done, and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Good job dude and love your uplifting attitude about it :). Keep up the good work and leading the way

1 Like

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! :tada:

1 Like

I will be going to pick up my one year chip tonight.

4 Likes

That must be such a good feeling. Motivates me to get to a meeting this morning 🤸

2 Likes