365 reasons I am sober moments

Today, I started a new" 365 list" in my journal. Every day, there is something that should make me stop and say, “This is why I am sober.” A moment of gratitude, levity, humor, a photo/view, a song, hysterics (in any definition) or just plain dogged determination. I would love it if people would join me!

At work today, my learners rocked it. At afternoon circle time, I looked at my group and realized that teaching has become natural again. This is why I am sober.

12 Likes

My roommate came home from work, poured herself a glass of wine, and at the same time questioned her need and reasons for wanting/needing alcohol to me, worried that she’s making unhealthy choices and making justifications to have the wine. I felt relieved that I no longer have to go through this, no more do I need to question my decisions around alcohol. I too had the thought “this is why I’m sober” and I smiled.

2 Likes

I hear the same from some friends. I’m glad I’m staying to finally feel ok without it. Feeling more comfortable in my resolve.

1 Like