37 days clean from meth needing suppprt

Any stories, tips, suggestions, are so needed! I’ve spent the last year in and out of treatment trying to remain sober this is the longest time I’ve made it in last 2 years and I’m really struggling! This devil drug has taken just about everything and everyone from including myself I don’t have another relapse on me I can’t give up and I’m feeling so stuck, lost, sad, and alone​:sob::broken_heart:

6 Likes

Sorry you’re struggling. Addiction sucks and getting sober isn’t easy, but it can be done. If you really want to be sober you have to tell yourself that you are done and are willing to do whatever it takes to get clean first and then make a plan to stay sober.

Reach out for help. Go to your local NA or any other support program. Read and interact on this site as much as you can. There are a lot of people on this site that have recovered from meth addiction and with a quick search I know you can find a lot of advise on the different ways they have done this.

You’re going to have to change. It will take work on your part but it will be worth it. This site can be a huge help as there is a lot of support available to you 24/7. But I highly recommend some sort of local rehab program, NA or an IOP program.

Glad you found this site. Read about what other people have done and then find what is going to work for you. Sorry you’re hurting right now, but there is a better way. Hope to keep hearing from you on this site as you begin your fight for sobriety.

4 Likes

Hi I’m so sorry your struggling but u can get recovery i promise you. I spent years trying to quit crack and heroin it was hell… but once I finally surrendered and asked 4 help things got better for me . I had to put in lots of hard work but I love my clean life. U say u been in treatment was it a 12 steps programme treatment? I got clean in the rooms of aa and ca and wasn’t until I worked my 12 steps with my sponsor i could understand why I used and could finally change the things from my past x please keep reaching out on here were all here to help eachother through our recovery x

2 Likes

37 days clean from meth that’s great. Just keep up the work. Right now I’m 169 days clean from meth it’s a hard drug to kick but we can all do it. It actually took me 17 years to kick the drug. For the past four months I’ve been in Rehab at a place called Crossroads Arcadia. While being there I’ve experienced the the death of my roommate having to find him on the restroom floor dead. With this being my first rehab experience you got me to realize get this addiction/disease we all have is no joke. I’ve been out of rehab for a little over a week now. But with having to deal with the experience of my roommate. And actually sharing my experience with the others. It helps me realize that we can’t go back to the same amount we were using. Cuz that next hit, shot, line or drink maybe Our last. You think you may be able to go back to the same amount you using before you got sober it won’t happen like that. With having to be in treatment I was told you should buy a suit. Cuz you might be going to a lot of funerals.

Thankful y’all so much!! I just got out of impatient 1 week ago amd I start IOP tonight I go to meetings on monday Wednesday amd Friday church Sundays and celebrate recovery Fridays. Ok I got this I just hate that it was loke so out of my thoughts and wants at all and bam of course xmas Eve while holding my beautiful 5 year old princess who needs amd wants her mommy back so much and my thoughts went straight there and still haven’t shook the thought like wtf I feel so guilty and angry. Thank God my baby is with my mom and I was able to be with her those Christmas Eve and Christmas otherwise Ik I would of been high and on the verge of losing my kids going to jail and injurying my poor weak lungs further. It just disgusts me that, that drug that devil is that fucking powerful that my brain can’t control the urge to say never tf again even when my children, my freedom, and my life are on the fucking line please pray for me

1 Like

Hi Katy and welcome to this wonderful forum. It sounds like you have a good plan, now you just have to work it hard. We all have another relapse in us but we may not have another recovery. Stay strong and ask for help when you’re struggling. We’re all here cheering you on girl. :hugs:

1 Like

Keep going it does get easier but with all things it takes time were all Gona have them highs and lows Ive starting to understand that’s just life,I’m a 20 year addict from heroin and benzos today I’m 46 days clean.be string keep reading and reaching out xx

1 Like

Hi how are you getting on x