4 day sober and it’s Friday

I haven’t had a sober Friday in over 6 months and I have such a craving right now. I think most of it just stems from me not wanting to feel lonely and sad on a Friday night. Really want to drink but I will try not to. I gotta keep my mind occupied with something else.

2 Likes

How about hitting up an AA meeting?

4 Likes

Stick to it! I know the feeling. I am on my second sober Friday. Definitely keep your mind occupied. If you can, try to examine why you are having the craving. That has really been eye opening for me. Hopefully by doing that you will see you don’t really NEED it. It’s just a habit and you can make new habits. Think of waking up tomorrow on Day 5!

1 Like

Stay on here and talk our ears off…we are here to help

3 Likes

Will drinking magically make you not lonely?

I second the meeting suggestion. Get in and around people who are going through the same thing. A lot of old timers use meetings as social occasions.

2 Likes

I hear you on my second sober day in total. Stay on here, work out, make a homemade music video. It will be worth it tomorrow. Think about how you will feel tomorrow

1 Like

I was a party girl and to stay home at Friday was a disaster for me. But now I’m more than 3 months sober and I am so happy to spend Fridays and other days sober. I know that tomorrow I will wake up without hangover, without regrets, without loads of money spend, without guilt and shame. In the beginning, it’s always hard, but you will be amazed what sobriety will bring you. I would advise to attend a AA meeting. It’s really important to have a support. I would have never made it on my own. Stay strong!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s 9:30pm here and I’m about to go to bed. I would not have believed I would be saying that 5 months ago! My Friday night would just be getting started.

The thing I like about the weekends now I’m not drinking is having the day times free, so I’d much rather be up early and making the most of the day. I’m going to have a read, get a good night’s sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and most importantly hangover free :dancer:

Hang in there, it gets easier!

3 Likes