4 months and back to the begin

fell once again, wasn’t working hard enough. Haven’t replaced addiction with anything of value.reap what u sow. Back to the drawing board

7 Likes

What happened? What are you going to do differently this time?

Consistent journal and healthier me time, pick up some weights

1 Like

I notice how little time you have spent on here.
How are you staying connected to your sobriety?
Spend time reading around on here and you will see that there is more to be done than just stopping drinking

1 Like

I was hoping na meetings would of went live by now but covid . Loneliness is so crippling at times and nothing compares to the real thing

I understand what you are saying.
At unprecedented times like this we improvise, adapt and overcome, to borrow a phrase from the military.
There are online meetings, there are meetings on zoom on here, there is interaction on this app!
Ok, you don’t like the idea, but what’s more important to you?
We should be prepared to do anything at all, especially getting out of our comfort zone.
It takes Structure, discipline and mindset to work on getting sober/clean

1 Like

Thx for taking the time for me a complete stranger steering me closer to the shore in A tempest storm, if only I had even 1 friend as u. Loneliness is Always my crutch try n try I do but humanity is lost and doomed around me it seems. People always have an Angle and fall short

glad I have an expiration date

Where are you from? There are meetings open where Im at now. They practice social distancing. It AA meetings, but the principles and steps are the same as NA.

I found out about them by going to a meeting hall. They werent posted online.

Most people in AA have drugs in their story too. I do.

The world is scary right now, but theres plenty of beauty still if we choose to look at it and focus on it.

I used this place exclusively when there were no meeting open for over six months this year. I like human contact too. This place offers it its just long distance contact which is also cool.

Now I have friends from around the globe trying to better themselves in spite of this crazy world.

And its accessable 24/7. My local support groups arent.

I found everything I needed to not use one day at a time here. I have people who genuinely care about me here.

All it took was participating and reaching out which you have done.

Welcome! Glad your here.

We all have expiration dates, but unlike milk or eggs, we can postpone ours as long as possible! I hope I see you around here for a long time!

2 Likes

I relapsed with 7 months. I call it my final relapse. It taught me what I needed to surrender to recovery.

I wasnt happy about it then. But i am now. It taught me that reservations about using/drinking will get you loaded.

Today I have no reservations.

Ive made alot of necessary changes in my life to support my recovery. Things I wasnt willing to do before. It hasnt been easy, but worth while achievements rarely are.

It is so sad to hear someone saying this, you should be glad you have so many hopefully sober days ahead of you, I hope you don’t mind me saying but I am concerned you may be having feelings of depression, have you contacted your GP to talk about your feelings, I really don’t like the thought of someone being so lonely, are there any supports around you in the line of family or friends or even a society/club you could join. There is so much to be grateful and happy about, you jsut need to look a little harder.
This forum is an amazing place full of lovely people who are willing to lend a listening ear, even just reading other people’s stories and experiences will help. I’m only new here and 41 days sober and I’m not ready for AA or NA but I have found Thai forum such a helpful resource in keeping me on the straight and keeping me in the day.
I wish you all the best in your recovery and please look around her for information and help.
You are not alone :blush:

2 Likes