44days Sober & Going Strong

Hello Family!! Just a little update!

I am doing very well. I will say at times I worry about letting my guard down. I stay focused. I read ALOT! I clean, go get coffee and people watch and oh I cook ALOT!! I love how clear I can see. I’m much more calm and confident, my skin looks healthier… this list goes on. Excepting this is my life now and I’m embracing every bit of it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A little tip:
Think of Drinking as an allergy that if consumed will kill you. Just as a peanut allergy would. You may love the idea of being about to eat a peanut butter jelly sandwich but you just CAN’T! Same as Booze!

Stay Strong!!!

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 44 days :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s great your experience is positive and your enjoying the feeling and feeling healthy again.

1 Like

Im 7 days in and ive told my mind one more drink will kill me… One more drink will wipe my family out… Now im scared of it
It works

3 Likes

Day 6 and I have the feeling off IF I go back to that life and start to believe the voice that tells me "it’s okay you can have a few"and "sure you’ll be grand few pints"that I will start to doubt off ever beaten it…

The time is now, I know I can’t drink and at 34 years old I haven’t the energy to keep drink in my life…

Best of luck everybody

P.s there is no in-between drink leads to destruction off everyone amd everything around you and sobriety will result in freshness and having a exciting life…

2 Likes

Way to go on your 44 days! Wooot!!

And yes, thinking of alcohol as the poison it actually is helps me a lot. Even tho I enjoyed it a lot, I also paid a dear price in my physical and mental health.

Keeping busy and doing things I actually enjoy makes me happy too! Keep up the good work. Continue learning and sharing and we can all find a better life without alcohol.

1 Like

Great Job!!! Life is so much better this way .:slightly_smiling_face: