5 months sober, one week since breakup, I'm struggling

Hi everyone. I just cant bear this overwhelming anxiety. All I want to do right now is smoke a joint. I dont know when this feeling will get easier on me. I dont remember what it’s like to wake up without a pain in my chest. I’ve lost almost 10 pounds this month from stress and not eating. I feel like I am slowly developing a weird eating disorder, because it’s something I have control over, and I have been not eating even when hungry. This is so fucked up.
Breakups are stressful, but with my sobriety on top of it all I dont know how to make it through this pain.
Any advice on how to stop thinking about terrible things. Meditation is triggering for me I feel like I am standing at the edge of a cliff. I need alcohol with every fiber of my body, I know it will make it worse. I’m a wreck.

1 Like

breakups are,rough, when my ex broke.up with me and called me a cheater and started dating a meth head it wrecked me. I started doing cocaine, drinking more and the downfall began.

I told her it would hapoen but she didn’t care. I called her out and made her pissed, i spoke from my heart and the truth and she did not like it.

What i learned from that is, dont let ones words be your downfall. Stay strong and vigilante. Move forward and let them be the ones to be the downfall if they cant see the truth. They say soul mates never breakup and stick through thick and thin. Its very true.

look at the happy things in life you have, look at what you accomplished. Dont let something silly wreck your way of thinking. Its been an hour since you posted this and I hope youre still staying strong, let the tears roll out. You dont need to go down a bad path.

You are stronger than what you think, dont make an excuse to relapse. Weed doesnt cure a problem, it hides it. Thats with anything mind altering.

Weed isnt deadly, but its a problem for alot of people. its hard to quit it. A joint sounds good to me too right now but i say fuck drugs. I cant risk loosing a job, i have to piss clean. Ive had 2 drug tests this year alone already. its not worth it anymore.

You cant run your self a drift. Thoughts run crazy in your situation, its hard as hell ive been there. I really thought we where togeather forever I gave that girl everything she needed and wanted and she did the same to me until she wanted someone “better”.

you can so do this being sober, overcoming and adapting lifes struggles. You cant hide your problems with a drug or alcohol. The problems only get bigger then.

Go to sleep, grab some fruit, some chips, watch a movie. anything that makes you happy or keeps your mind off the dumb stuff.

Youve got this. If theres anything thats bothering you feel free to share. I hope youre still doing well.

2 Likes

Hi @Dizzle, sorry to hear about your heartache. I’m glad you posted before you smoked. No need to throw away a great clean streak because of heartache. You already know it will make things worse.
I was listening to a TED talk yesterday about how to heal a broken heart. Not sure what made me pick that one maybe it was to pass on some info to you.
Stop romanticizing the relationship.
Dont think about all the good times.
There were bad times. Maybe horrible times. Remember those.
Think about all the things that annoyed you.
Fights you’ve had.
Start Finding new activities to do. You are no longer part of a relationship. Dont keep doing everything you did together. This increases the pain.
You are single now. Do things you wanted to do before. Try new things. Join a new league, sport, reading club, cooking class, dance class, art class, go to a new meeting. It doesn’t matter. make a new you. A better you. A clean sober happy you. Not sure it’s great advice but that’s what they suggested.
It takes time. I’ve been there. It was a horrible time but I’ve moved on and so will you.

2 Likes

Oh please stay strong and sober! When my divorce became a reality I threw away 8 months of sobriety immediately and before i knew it 2 months passed by. Listen to me and what can happen, you can go back to that messed up place all too easily. Every time i get drunk the pain and anxiety is ten times greater than the day before. Stay strong!

3 Likes

I completely agree with @Zoesgram1 I went through a break up not too long ago , and all of the things she listed is what I did to get over him. And you know what I’m happier then ever I thought he was my every thing but now with out him I’m so much better off. And I leaned that I dont. Need a man to make me happy i can do that all on my own. We all go through Tough break Ups but at the and we’re stronger then before . And if you guys are meant to be then you will meet again. But for now let them go and more on . And stay sober no one is worth giving that up for you won’t feel better you will almost immediately regret it.so keep your sobriety hang on tightly I promise it does get better.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m 8 days away from 6 months sober AF, I’ve just ended the relationship with my husband who I was with for 9.5 years, I ended it but still not easier being my decision we’ve got two children together.
I’m lucky that I have kids to keep me occupied when they are not in school. The times I’m alone I clean and tidy but when that is do e I’m lost, I’ve been going to meetings and I am looking into lunch time AA meetings because by heck I need them right now, my sleep is shot to pieces and my mind wonders into overdrive and just a drink would play over and over , I can’t do that.
Hit meetings, find a hobby, call someone, anyone for a chat

2 Likes

Stay strong I’m so sorry you are going thru it :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like