52 mother bleeping days!

52 glorious mother bleeping sober days today. There have been a few really rough days but in hindsight I generated those challenges for myself through bad habits. I don’t want to ever think I am in the clear, I will never be cured of this, daily I remind myself of why I chose to stop drinking and what drinking actually does to me. That drunk person is no longer me. Searcing for a new sober identity rather than just “not drunk”. I am being patient though, just need to keep looking. Happy sobriety to all.

10 Likes

Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment and you have a great attitude about it. Life sober and the person you become will be so much better! In time you will find that identity :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is amazing! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome! Keep up the good work. I have never made it past 40 days so you are an inspiration. Happy sober day

2 Likes

Damn…good for you. Great jump start on the new year! Keep it up.

1 Like

‘Searching for my new sober identity’…
On the face of it you’d think this app would be a group of people saying the same thing, having the same or similar stories, over and over.
And yet every time I open the app I’m amazed at how diverse everyone is and how their ‘take’ is so unique.
And I’m yet again not disappointed, ‘Sober’ has given me something else to think about, trying to figure out who I was, what I became, and what is my new, sober identity going to be?
A bit like ‘A Christmas Carol’, but a 2017 reboot!

1 Like

@Charlesfreck interesting. I dodnt think of it that way but that is a good summation.