53 hours sober from methadone

Please help. I’ve just now having insomnia and restless legs cold all over and runny nose and sneezing…Does anyone know how long the physical withdrawal is going to last I’m 53 hours sober from methadone…

That’s a long time to be in that bad of wd. Touch base with your doctor and have he or she put u on a taper process…other than that it could continue up to 2 weeks plus or minus. Plan B if you could swing it get into a detox and get under a doctors care. You need to get back up to go thru this but you can make, but don’t go it alone. I went thru the soboxone wd and it was really rough but they say Methadone withdrawl is much worse. I really wish you the best and be safe, keep level, get help. E

1 Like

methadone withdrawal is awful. I did mine in jail, and i probably wouldn’t have made it through it if I hadn’t been locked up.

I’d definitely seek assistance from a medical professional if i were you. Go to a detox that offers “medical detox” if that is an option for you. Methadone withdrawal can last about a month, so it’s important to have some help during that time.

Good luck.

1 Like

How long are symptoms supposed to last? I’ve had serious withdrawals up to 4 days before. I thought that was normal -__-

Methadone withdrawal is more prolonged because of it’s absurdly long half life. When I came off it I didn’t sleep at all for a week. Symptoms persisted long after that even, though they started becoming more mild after about 7-10 days.

1 Like

Bend then, a few times. I couldn’t stand the pain, but I was on 100-150mg per day. The way I did it, surprisingly it wasn’t that bad… well a year ago. I dropped to 40mg per day for 2 days, then waited 48hrs and took 20mg, waited 48hrs and 20mg again. For me it was the 24-48hr time when all hell broke loose. After my last 20mg dose, I woke up… new I wanted to get away, prepared for the shitty feeling… but it actually was manageable, ALL SYMPTOMS were manageable. Like I said, I don’t recommend slipping back, but I know I was able to function, now the lawn (yes POURING sweat), but I was OK.

I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE YOU your through the worst, it will get better each day. Go do something, I know it’s hard but even driving gets your mind to focus on something else.

1 Like

Withdrawl from methadone can last weeks before getting any energy back and i still get insomnia and im 27 days clean from heroin. It will come in time but your gonna feel rough for a few weeks as methadone is a longer acting opiate… as others said it would be easier to taper below 5mg before hoping off will make your withdrawls less intense… goodluck … your just in the begining of it

1 Like