5th Day Sober-Extreme Sadness

I don’t know what’s going on, I’m in a horrible mood. I had plenty of food I wanted today, plenty of tea, relaxed all day(I haven’t started my new job yet), played with my parrot, what the hell is wrong with me, I’m so sad.

I just keep remembering that I’m nowhere near in my life to where I want and need to be and that I have so much to fix now that I’m of sober mind. This is so debilitating.

How do you guys overcome your detox sadness? Any advice?

1 Like

You have to force yourself to stay positive! Easier said than done I know, but focus on all the good things that are going on in your life. Your sober and alive! Thats whats most important. You cant fix your whole lofe in one day. Just take it day by day. If you can, Maybe write a list of things you need to fix/accomplish. Also write down all the positives as well. You can beat this!!

2 Likes

Thanks hun :pensive:

Just think that there is millions of people that wish that they are on their 5th day, and all the millions of people that don’t think they have a problem. You are 5 days ahead of all them. Be proud

11 Likes

Take a different tack on that. Your sobriety is your hope for the future - it’s the way you can get to where you want and need to be, and how you can fix what needs fixin’. You certainly weren’t going to do it using!

Congrats on day 5, you’re moving along nicely!

3 Likes

I agree with everyone else!
You’re 5 days - the hardest 5 days - nearer where you want to be. And with a much greater chance of fixing things than you’d ever have by staring at the bottom of a glass.
Get out, go walking, jogging, running, the gym, swimming, cinema, coffee shop, don’t dwell.
If you stand still, you’re heading back. Keep moving forward and stay ahead of the self-doubt and bs.
And enjoy your success!

1 Like

I hope you’re feeling a little better. Early sobriety is SO hard. I promise whatever you’re feeling is normal, and we’ve all been there before. The thing that helped me was honestly just trying to wait it out. It’s generic advice, but if I woke up into a black day, I just tried to take it easy and then sleep it off. And it’s weird to figure out feelings in sobriety-- alcohol does numb you out, so you might find that you feel a lot more without it.

Thank you Ashlee, you’re right, sleep helps so much. Thank you for the support. It’s my 9th day now, still going strong through the tears

1 Like