5th Times a Charm

So I’m new to this, but here goes everything! I’m a recovering opiate and meth addict who’s been in the clutches of substance abuse for ten long years. I’m finally finding/getting the real help I need and seeing things clean and clearly for the first time. This is my fifth time in a treatment center and I actually am feeling the want to live a healthy and sober life. I think it’s different then the other four times I tried to get help, only because I am doing it for me this time. Where as I was pressured and basically forced all the other times. I’m being greedy about my sobriety and am 28 days clean as of today. I’ve learned: “if your in my boat and don’t have a paddle, then get the hell out my boat”. Which I now understand that it means if your not going to help or be with me in my sobriety/ recovery, then a boundary will be set. Thanks everyone!

6 Likes

Glad you’re here!! I can definitely relate, although with alcohol. I tried so many times to stop drinking but my heart was never in it, so it never worked. I was just trying to be sober because I knew I had a problem, not because I truly wanted to be sober.

Then that all changed and I really, really wanted to be sober and I haven’t looked back since.

2 Likes

Welcome to Sober Time, @Kaysee92 . I can relate in that when I decided to stop my alcohol and drug addiction, I did it for myself. You’re on the right path!

2 Likes

Welcome! I am in recovery from opiates and meth as well and I went to treatment more times than I would like to admit and it didn’t stick until I truly surrendered and followed suggestions. So I can definitely relate to you.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the Feedback it’s truly appreciated

Welcome Kaysee I am Kat have a history of IV opiates addiction (clean since March 2017) and meth pills (clean 79 days). You are very welcome here and glad you are in treatment.

I too have a history of relapses on the meth have been struggling 4.5 years with periods of months of semi clean time (still used alcohol) followed by a relapse. I have felt like it was the last time before but this time round just taking it one day at a time.

I check in here for advice, support and socialization a few times a day. I attend NA meetings nightly and am following the program (no alcohol). The only thing I am missing is a sponsor but will keep working on it.

Again welcome and congrats for trying again!

2 Likes