60 day milestone - still family struggles

Hit my 60 day milestone today. I celebrated with fresh ink. As I sat there listening to the steady buzz of the tattoo gun for two hours, I reflected on the past 60 days and how my life has changed. My family life hasn’t changed much as I’m still battling custody and fighting my wife’s attorney’s witch hunt to find me drinking. I can’t change their motives, but I can rest with a clear conscience knowing I’m sober. My biggest struggle is dealing with my wife’s affair and our kids caught in the middle with questions and confusion. It would be complete anarchy if I was drinking. So I’m thankful I can take the high road and keep a clear mind.

7 Likes

Hey, nice ink looks good.I second what @SassyRocks said. Sounds pretty much spot on,keep doing what you’re doing. Always someone here to listen or to run things by. And Congrats on the sixty days as well.

1 Like

Andy. Spot on with the analysis. Whatever mental minefield you have to work your way through drinking won’t make it any easier. You’d just wake up hungover and back at the start.

Sobriety will give you the time to put everything that has happened in perspective. You learn, you grow, you become a better person.

Good luck. Stay strong.

1 Like

Nice ink! 60 days is awesome. Keep your head up and be strong. We all got your back and are here to root you on. Keep kicking ass and taking names the rest will fall into place. You CAN do this!!

1 Like

Thank you all for the positive support! It’s great to know people care and encourage complete strangers. I’ll post more pics of my tattoo when it’s done. It has a lot of meaning to me personally