60 days free of my addiction!

Today I am 60 days sober!! when I first started this journey I never thought i would make it this far. I was a binge drinker and would spend my weekends drunk and out of control. I did what i wanted to and didn’t think about what affects it had on my family and friends. It has been a hard journey, My Wife and friends still drink so it makes it a tough sometimes, but i Just walk away when I have had enough and they all understand. It has been hard during this crazy time as well not being able to go to meetings, but i have stayed strong and am excited to make it to 90 days!!!

15 Likes

Yayy! Congrats on your journey!!! I’m almost there. I’m at 1 month and 26 days :slight_smile: amazing how God took away my addiction. I thank him every day… keep your head up!! Especially in this time, this is the time for SOBER THINKING!!! GOD IS DOING A NEW THING!! Isaiah 43:18-19

2 Likes

That is just wonderful!! Keep at it!!

1 Like

Hey!! How’s it going?? Almost at 90 dayssss? I know our sober days are pretty close, just saying hi

Ash; funny you say that about God taking away your addiction…i spoke to my sister yesterday; shes been sober over 30 years, i asked if she ever had cravings at the beginning… She said no, never did. She said God took away my desire to drink completely. She’d be the first to say she was reallly bad. We lived in Ft. Lauderdale at the time and I used to avoid her at bars etc.
Also, she got sober when my brother went missing; within a month or do. She said that kept her going too.

3 Likes

Hey, @Ash143 . Its going great!!! 84 days sober!!! How are you?

1 Like

I’m good :slight_smile: loving my new Sober life and have been working out alot from home… also started drinking sparkling water and hot tea !!

1 Like

Great to hear!! I am loving my sober life as well, one of the best choices i have made in a long time was quiting drinking. I am starting to workout also, I have been eating alot and gained all the weight i lost last year back. And I have been riding my mountain bike alot, its nice to get out and get some fresh air.

2 Likes

Biking will get you back to your fighting weight fast!
A couple years ago I had to ride to work, it was 13 miles one way!:astonished::grin:
I dropped lbs fast, lol

1 Like

I hope so, I am not happy with the weight gain!

1 Like