61 Days sober

Congrats!!! Keep pushing forward even when times get tough, bc it’s inevitable. But, you are stronger than your addiction!!! Find other ways to keep yourself busy. Don’t fall victim!! You said you had 2 relapses? I understand 100%. Just live day by day, focusing on yourself and that’s not being selfish. You got this!!! Congrats again!!!

3 Likes

Thank you!!! Yes I’ve had 2 relapses since May 16, 2019, ever since the 2 relapses has happened I’ve been attending meetings & helping out with my new found friends who have recovery of their own or faith. I’ve been keeping busy since these last 61 days by taking care of my studying and doing the step work, ever since the step work I’ve came to an understanding of myself. Thank you once again!! Thanks for understanding. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Keep coming back here!! AA helped me too, but I have focused all of my energy to this app!! You can ask for help here too!! I will have 11 months in a few days and I never thought I would make it this far, but I have. The first time I got sober I made it to 7 months, separated from my husband and started drinking again. My husband and I worked it out and he even quit drinking for me! Now I am almost a year sober and I cannot believe how fast time flies. It’s amazing!! Keep coming back here and reading posts and commenting bc that helps as well!! I’m here if you ever need to talk!!! :heart:

1 Like

Well done on 61 days keep your meetings up and your step work ive been coming here for over two years now i was 31 years sober when i found out about this app AA is my savior but i come here see if i can help anyone ive been sponsoring now for over 30 years ,and the 12 steps do work wish you well

1 Like

I truly appreciate your time & the advice, I will put it into my life & continue to come back here. I was close to not posting about my recovery, I choose to share because it will not only help me, it will help others who are in recovery as well. Congrats on your up coming 11 months. I’m so proud that your husband is helping you in your recovery as he is doing his own recovery. Thank you!!! :heavy_heart_exclamation: @AliciaMarie04

1 Like

Thank you!!! I’m proud of how far you’ve came in your sobriety!! You matter as the rest of us & please keep sharing @Ray_M_C_Laren.

My husband isn’t an addict. He did it for me bc he knew how much I struggled. And thanks!!! How are you doing today?

3 Likes

@AliciaMarie04 I am glad you have a husband who is there for you & understand how much you are struggling. I’ve been having a lot of fatigue problems. How are you doing?

1 Like

Fatigue is going to continue for a little while. Try going for a walk even if its just for 20 min!! I am doing pretty well. Sitting at my daughter’s dance class lol

1 Like

I was prescribed a certain medication to help me sleep. So far it’s helping, but that fatigue is still an issue, as always. Thank you for the advice!! I will do that starting this weekend. How was your daughter’s dance class?

1 Like

I’m so happy for you,keep standing up to your addiction and before you know it will will have 90 days keep connected.x

2 Likes

It was good!! She has dance class every thursday at 430-530. My son has basketball practice every thursday from 530-630 and a game every Saturday at 11. Have you gone for any walks? Try cleaning your house, your closet. Donate your clothes. Scrub your toilet and bath tub. Keep your mind off of everything. How are you today?

2 Likes

Thank you, I am still here today sober. I will keep on coming back every 2 days, I’ve been busy before break, passed a test just recently. I appreciate you!!

2 Likes

That’s amazing!! You sure are a busy mom. Yes I have, they are very helpful. I’ve been keeping my home clean and doing some cooking, besides studying for school & babysitting. I’ve been grateful, making a Christmas wreath & studying homework before the big test. How have you been? I come on every 2 days because of how busy I have been especially going to college.

1 Like

That’s cool!! I understand!! School is important. What are you going to school for?

1 Like

I’m trying to get a teacher’s education or something for special needs kids.

1 Like

Nice!! Keep up with it!! I decided to go back to school at 26, graduated at 28 and got my first job 5 months after I graduated and have been there for 6.5 years now. I am now a Network Engineer II. If I can do it, so can you. Keep up the hard work!

1 Like

Thank you!! I am proud of you for going back!! You set a great example for your children & for others!! I thought I would not ever attend college, obviously that was an alcoholic mind talk, I am grateful to be sober and in college because my heart is set for helping those children who desperately needs someone to be their voice & someone to love them. I recently just posted a topic & if you can read please do & personally message me, thank you @AliciaMarie04

1 Like

How do I find it?

@AliciaMarie04 this the topic

1 Like