7 day bender. 2 days clean

By all accounts I was a danger to society. I always told myself I was a good drunk driver. My friends encouraged it. I ended up wrecking a few cars, including someone else’s. God was looking out for everyone on the road when I drove, there’s just no other possibility.

2 Likes

There but for the grace of God…I’m with you. The literal and figurative bullets I dodged while drinking…

1 Like

Today I am starting over on day 1 again I tried to drink only like 3 or 4 nights a week wine and i did but its just controlling my life again and its all i think about is my glass of wine…so wish me luck!!!

2 Likes

Been there so many times Day 8 you can do this!!!

1 Like

Well all us experienced addicts know how triggering that quest is for “oh ill just have one beer” that turns into 6 or more. Then u will be in a situation of guilt having to drive because " i only have a buzz" . You cant undo the past and it creeps on u second by second minute by minute to make the right choice. Let us know how it goes… goodluck!

2 Likes

Well today is the day of the festival. I pray that everything went well. I hope that you are able to come back and share that you are safe.

1 Like

Worse, she’s actually driving herself because she thinks that will keep her from drinking. Just like I alwaaaays said. Then I would drive drunk and endanger myself and others.

I just skipped the funeral of my friend bc I wasn’t sure if I could handle being there without drinking and she’s concerned about seeing her favorite band.

Funerals suck. I’m sick of seeing people die. Alcoholism and addiction kill people.

I’m sorry for your loss. That shit sucks no matter what. You made the right decision no matter what anyone tells you. As did I.

It’s amazing how we all share so many similarities

I’m sorry for your lost as well

I drove there & back!! I absolutely loved it, watched Noel Gallagher sing some Oasis classics. Safe & sound, all is well, weather was amazing. Thanks for everyone’s concern xxxxx

1 Like

Noel Gallagher is still performing? Did he murder his brother finally?

1 Like