7 days free of heroin, need help

Never been this long without snorting heroin. I feel like fucking shit. Restless all night. My psychiatrist ordered my entire family to not give me a single cent because I would obviously use it on heroin. I ran out of things to pawn like 2 months ago so I’m here just trying to survive. I am prescribed 3 mg clonazepam per day for my anxiety but it does NOTHING to alleviate my symptoms. Although I imagine shit would be a lot worse without the benzos.

When does this horror end?

6 Likes

You should be turning a corner any day now. It’s still going to be rough, but the extreme pain and complete lack of sleep should be easing around 7-10 days. For me, the worst of the symptoms usually ended around 10, and the moderate symptoms around day 20-25. From there it’s just minor annoyances. IF you have made it this far you can definitely get through the rest.

10 Likes

Congratz with your 7 days! Keep it going!!!:muscle:t3:

3 Likes

The nights are definitely the hardest moments of the day. Any tips? The restlessness and sweating the entire bed while feeling cold as hell is so bad.

Think about how you lived in 2019. Do you really want to continue living like that bro? Is it worth it to yourself? Do you want to repeat the same fucking thing in 2020?

Reflect on that. You have 7 days in already. You’re basically at the end game. Tough it out man and maintain that discipline bro! You can do this!

2 Likes

Take a hot shower right before bed. Try a magnesium supplement too. If you are able to exercise during the day do as much as you can. Unfortunately withdrawal is just part of the deal. It will start getting better as early as tonight.

3 Likes

You are definitely through the worst of it . I was a wimp and couldn’t handle cold turkey so I did a methadone plan I tapered off in 6 months and had no discomfort compared to cold turkey. U can do this it will be the best thing ever to be free off heroin. X

2 Likes

Wow great, hang in there. Hooked on opiods for 18 years. Completely clean 1 year, no Suboxone no Tramadol. You can do it. Won’t be easy. Nothing great ever is. Don’t use today.

3 Likes

Seriously eat bananas if you can to help with restless legs syndrome and drink lots of water. Seven days is HUGE!!! You made it 7, you can make it 700 more. The suffering willed, or at least change. Try to give yourself a mantra to repeat when time moves too slow. Like “this too shall pass” or simply “everything changes.”

I believe in you.

3 Likes

Wow, you’re truly an inspiration . And thanks for that last sentence.

For real? There are a tons of bananas here! I’ll try it. Tyvm

1 Like

Yes I am using 400 mg of Magnesium Citrate every night. I’ve used it for years because I used to bodybuild so I knew how good magnesium is but I definitely didn’t know it helped for opioid withdrawal. Thx for the love

1 Like

I definitely do not want my days to revolve around getting my fix and instantly thinking about how I’ll get money for my next fix. I don’t want to suffer daily anymore

3 Likes

As mentioned above potassium also helps. If you are able to concentrate find a good show to binge watch. Embrace the insomnia and catch up on your shows. At some point sleep will return and your body will crave it then.

1 Like

Right now I can’t watch shows. Restlessness is too insane. I go from my bedroom to the living room (repeat ad naseum) every 15 minutes. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

I’ve been there for sure. I would listen to music when I tried to sleep. It would help occasionally.

1 Like

Going cold turkey by choice is very hard. Good luck. Liquids, bananas, sounds good. But when even your hair hurts there really is nothing that helps. Except your desire and will. No sugar coating the withdrawals. It’s Hell.

2 Likes

God bless dude. Weining off with Suboxone is do much more humane. And it keeps your receptors right. Am worried after about 15 days and feel better. You will get high. Hope am wrong. It’s a vicious cycle. Do it professionally.

Megadose vitamin C

Those emergenC packets are pretty good for that.

1 Like