7 days free!

Im 7 days sober today! I had my first full night’s sleep in a long time followed by my first group session this morning! Feeling good about today and my future! :hugs:

9 Likes

Very proud of you. Feels good, doesn’t it? Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I’m at 7 days today too! I have a music festival this weekend and am scared I’ll give in. Seems innocent enough until I wake up in a strange place hating life again.

2 Likes

Thank you! It feels fantastic!!

Congrats!! You’ll be fine! Just gotta stay strong :muscle:

Hi, glad you are taking this step. Sleep is a really nice thing. You will find a lot of stuff will improve. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Thanks man! Much appreciated…I did have a ruff one today tho I will admit…really had to catch myself from buying a bottle

One of the best things about being sober is falling asleep and waking up instead of passing out and coming to. As for the “missed meetings” funk. I get that too, especially because some of my closest friends are in the fellowship, and it always makes my day when I see them. We share what’s going on in our lives at meetings as it pertains to alcohol or recovery. We laugh and cry with each other. We sometimes quarrel with one another and swear we’ll never go back only to show up the next week hugging each other. It’s truly a beautiful thing. I probably wouldn’t have given the time of day to most of these people in any other walk of life. But the common bond we share cuts across any and all prejudices. These people would give you the shirt off their back without hesitation. How many of my tavern buddies could I have said that about. Not a one. This is a benefit I had not anticipated when I first came into the rooms. Their capacity for empathy is remarkable. How many places can you go where you’re free from judgement? This is one of the great miracles of the program, and for those of you who have yet to experience it know that not only will AA ruin your drinking career but you’ll never be alone again. Because if you’re a no show for any considerable amount of time they WILL come looking for you. Those are the friends I want in my life. 16 days and the grass between my place and the liquor store is growing back. Peace everyone.

5 Likes

Thanks for motivation!

1 Like

so true! I was just laughing to myself because I earned the status of being a “regular” here. The last time I earned that status it came with a barstool and the ability to run a tab. Glad you are here!

1 Like

One of the first things I noticed walking into the group sessions was people introducing themselves right away,which put me at ease I was very very nervous going for my first time and specially going to my first lifering meeting the following Friday where I knew I had to talk about how my week was going and when I walked into the room in a half panic attack state nearly all the people I met on Tuesday were there Friday!

I intend to unlock every badge lol!

1 Like