7 days, no drink

First full week sober in I don’t know how long. I honestly couldn’t have done it without you guys. Thank you so much.

I found the past couple of days a bit of a struggle, the weekend is always hard but managed to hold on.
Seeing friends and family on social media having drinks doesn’t help matters, so I took the decision to temporarily delete my social media accounts.

Also here in Northern Ireland the Off Sales (liquor stores) have been made to close their doors at 8pm due to COVID-19 restrictions, which in unfortunate times has helped me too. I know if I can get to 8pm without buying drink, I won’t be able to get any.

Time to conquer week two!

Sending you all positive vibes x

14 Likes

Congrats mate keep it up one day at a time reach out for help if you need it. Much love.

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

Well done! That first week is the hardest in my opinion and you nailed it.

1 Like

Congratulations! That first weekend was tough for me too. Just keep saying no to that first drink everyday and you will win.

1 Like

Well done on 1 week sober!

These types of actions show your willingness to commit to your sobriety. Whatever has to be adjusted in your life to protect your sobriety, has to be done. Keep it up. :+1:t2:

1 Like